NGD SE Silver Sky in the house!

Thanks! Yeah I had to change the strings and give it a quick setup.

I have to say that the neck is the star of the show on these, it just feels very comfortable and familiar. I also floated the trem so it sits level and it feels good stays in tune like a champ. I was going to fully deck it down flat on the body but I figured I would give it a try removing a spring and got a nice surprise. I can see myself changing out the pickups in the future just because I am so used to the noiseless Dimarzio Areas and I have a spare set (61-54Pro-HeavyBlues). No rush though, these are sounding pretty decent and I was jamming out on good old Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs when my wife walked in and sang along with me. That's always a good sign, she's got a great ear, and a great voice. And so the journey begins. I am thinking of doing some aging on this, maybe even into relicing, spray some nitro on the neck and sand it back too. It's just too dang shiny and new lol, plus and all of my Strats are beat up from heavy use. Heck I may even throw an EMG Gilmour set in it just to have something different. Probably a Mann Made brass block as well. We'll see. :)

Thanks! Yeah I had to change the strings and give it a quick setup.

I have to say that the neck is the star of the show on these, it just feels very comfortable and familiar. I also floated the trem so it sits level and it feels good stays in tune like a champ. I was going to fully deck it down flat on the body but I figured I would give it a try removing a spring and got a nice surprise. I can see myself changing out the pickups in the future just because I am so used to the noiseless Dimarzio Areas and I have a spare set (61-54Pro-HeavyBlues). No rush though, these are sounding pretty decent and I was jamming out on good old Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs when my wife walked in and sang along with me. That's always a good sign, she's got a great ear, and a great voice. And so the journey begins. I am thinking of doing some aging on this, maybe even into relicing, spray some nitro on the neck and sand it back too. It's just too dang shiny and new lol, plus and all of my Strats are beat up from heavy use. Heck I may even throw an EMG Gilmour set in it just to have something different. Probably a Mann Made brass block as well. We'll see. :)
I have a green one and a white one and it was the neck that sold me. For me the SE neck is more comfortable than the Core Silver Skys I compared it too.

I can bend notes more easily on the SE neck and I like the flatter fretboard and taller frets.

Like most SE's, these guitars are great platforms for mods and upgrades...especially pickup and tuner upgrades. Although the stock SE single coils are very good, I replaced them in both of my SE SS guitars with Chubtones from Mike Gray in Austin.

I changed my gray button tuners to Ivory button locking tuners and put a rosewood truss rod cover on both of mine.

Last edited:
Back