NGD SE HBII Piezo

Davey

Just Jammin'
Wasn't looking for anything new, really just enjoying what I have. Then I saw the post here about the new SE Hollowbody II Piezo. Once I watched a couple of the videos, especially Brian E's from PRS and I had to go try one.
I contacted the PRS dealer here in Seattle, but they were still in shutdown and only doing online sales. I wanted to try one first and I lucked out that their sister store in Port Townsend only a short ferry ride away was available for appointments. I called and arranged to try both colors they had and my wife and I made a day of it.
I had only tried a hollowbody years ago that a friend owned but never really "played it". I picked this one up and I knew in the first couple minutes that I was taking this one home. I can only describe it as an absolute joy to play, it's a "fun" guitar that feels good in my hands and I am enjoying these 58/15's. Its been fun so far experimenting using with both jacks, one into my tube amp and the other direct into my PA and blending the volumes for the piezo and mag pickups. Super Fun!
Obviously have my wife to thank since she puts up with my "hobbies" and special Thanks to James at "The Guitar Store" for being so patient and kind. He made me a smokin' deal.

Cant have an NGD without pics and by the way, Thanks guys, without all of you enablers, where would I be? I know where I'd be, a few less PRSi and some extra cash in my pocket, but what fun would that be.....
50054441973_75f6ca6ba2.jpg

Love the binding on this one.
50055031606_e0076dbc06.jpg

Yep, had to swap out the orange knobs for some clear/black/amber lampshades.
50054431478_39a98094a0.jpg

50055262292_d3e648fbef.jpg

50055026091_f2034ea17b.jpg

50055017756_dc52785771.jpg

50054448623_ac6ae7060e.jpg

Last edited:
That’s beautiful. I love the birds.

You and me both.

The birds and the binding are great touches. Congrats on a super cool guitar.

Thanks Bodia. That binding was the kicker.

Very nice.

Everyone should have a hollow body.

After having one, even for a day, I would agree.

Excellent score! Your mileage on the mag/piezo blend will skyrocket with a dedicated acoustic amp, if you haven’t tried that already. Sounds amazing!

Yep ^ this. I am going to have to do some research on which acoustic amp to get.

Thank you. Now its your turn, once you sell the Taylor.

Excellent score! Your mileage on the mag/piezo blend will skyrocket with a dedicated acoustic amp, if you haven’t tried that already. Sounds amazing!
I just got a Fishman Loudbox Mini for mine and it does sound amazing. So much better than the Katana set to acoustic. And I too changed out the knobs when I got mine.

I just got a Fishman Loudbox Mini for mine and it does sound amazing. So much better than the Katana set to acoustic. And I too changed out the knobs when I got mine.

I will check one of those out. I tried my line 6 spider 240 and that sounded great with some better high end thru the tweets, but I may still investigate a dedicated acoustic amp further. Yep, I think the lampshades just look better.

Bloody lovely! Congrats, it's beautiful!

Thanks Dave.

Such a beautiful guitar. Congrats!!!

Thank you!

That’s an outstanding guitar! Congratulations.

Thanks Alnus.

Bangin’!

Thanks Sergio.

Yep ^ this. I am going to have to do some research on which acoustic amp to get.

I just got a Fishman Loudbox Mini for mine and it does sound amazing. So much better than the Katana set to acoustic.

I’m sure there are other options since I bought mine about 6-7 years ago, but the Fishman Loudbox series gets it done and for reasonable money. The mini is all you need and it sounds great. Especially if your strung with .011 strings.

Wasn't looking for anything new, really just enjoying what I have. Then I saw the post here about the new SE Hollowbody II Piezo. Once I watched a couple of the videos, especially Brian E's from PRS and I had to go try one.
I contacted the PRS dealer here in Seattle, but they were still in shutdown and only doing online sales. I wanted to try one first and I lucked out that their sister store in Port Townsend only a short ferry ride away was available for appointments. I called and arranged to try both colors they had and my wife and I made a day of it.
I had only tried a hollowbody years ago that a friend owned but never really "played it". I picked this one up and I knew in the first couple minutes that I was taking this one home. I can only describe it as an absolute joy to play, it's a "fun" guitar that feels good in my hands and I am enjoying these 58/15's. Its been fun so far experimenting using with both jacks, one into my tube amp and the other direct into my PA and blending the volumes for the piezo and mag pickups. Super Fun!
Obviously have my wife to thank since she puts up with my "hobbies" and special Thanks to James at "The Guitar Store" for being so patient and kind. He made me a smokin' deal.

Cant have an NGD without pics and by the way, Thanks guys, without all of you enablers, where would I be? I know where I'd be, a few less PRSi and some extra cash in my pocket, but what fun would that be.....

50054441973_b8527d81f4_b.jpg

Love the binding on this one.
50054427453_206b17d00e_b.jpg

Yep, had to swap out the orange knobs for some clear/black/amber lampshades.
50054431478_393ec21eec_b.jpg

50055258347_7c243a6668_b.jpg

50055262292_2292ab1b4b_b.jpg

50054448623_639b3e5c4a_b.jpg

50054435323_4ef31c9a85_b.jpg

50055026091_5069561867_b.jpg

50055029371_5103fa98a6_b.jpg

50055031606_c330b0d9a5_b.jpg

Congrats, that is a truly gorgeous guitar. I love the PRS headstock with binding, and bursted maple backs just aren't fair. Someone tell Paul that I need to keep SOME of my money...

But I definitely am going to snag a couple of those amber lampshade knobs for my SE CU24.

Congrats!

Thanks Paul

Fantastic! Enjoy your new experience in good health

Thank you

I’m sure there are other options since I bought mine about 6-7 years ago, but the Fishman Loudbox series gets it done and for reasonable money. The mini is all you need and it sounds great. Especially if your strung with .011 strings.

Thanks for the advice. I will put that on the list to try.

Congrats, that is a truly gorgeous guitar. I love the PRS headstock with binding, and bursted maple backs just aren't fair. Someone tell Paul that I need to keep SOME of my money...

But I definitely am going to snag a couple of those amber lampshade knobs for my SE CU24.

Thank you.

Back