NGD: S2 Standard 22, with color question

Kdogg788

What's up guys. Just picked up my new S2 Standard 22 this week (it technically arrived Wednesday night but I didn't have time to really play it before work.) The price was amazing: $850 for a guitar that retails between $1250 and $1350.

I ordered it last Sunday night after seemingly endless A/Bing of another PRS S2 Standard in white, and an SE Custom 24 like mine. From what I can tell, the main difference is the neck in that the pattern regular neck is a bit thicker than the wide/thin. The 22 also feels noticeably smaller to me than the Custom 24, and this guitar is about a half pound lighter than my other one, a Korean SE in the custom color Sapphire. Acoustically it seems to have a darker timbre than the 24 even without being plugged in. So far loving this guitar and it is really nice to have some extra tonal options.

Now for my color question. The guitar was listed as "Firemist Purple", but the actual finish is much more like a dark dark blue. If there are any purple tones in it they are very subtle if they are there at all. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the color, but it differs a bit from what it was listed as. Most of the pics in the listing look bluer but they said it was mainly because of the lighting. Still, with dark blue this kills the other S2 finishes I saw out there. Would you say it's Dark Blue Metalic or something else? I put the Slo next to it on the floor, so you can see the balance vs. a very blue pedal. Anyways, here's some pictures so I can stop rambling...

Here is the original Reverb link:
https://reverb.com/item/22157599-prs-prs-s2-standard-22-purple-firemist?show_sold=true

-k

Last edited:
Awesome guitar! Congrats

I can see a purple "mist" in your first couple of pics, but the Reverb listing looks more purple. I would say it is purple, and depends on lighting to show it. Either way, it's a nice color(s). :cool:

nice, and matches your slo pedal......whats the other one, with the delay, reverb, loop & drive?

Contact customer service with the serial number and they will tell you what the finish is called... and I suspect they'll tell you 'Firemist Purple'....
who cares as long as you like it.

nice, and matches your slo pedal......whats the other one, with the delay, reverb, loop & drive?

It’s the Moon Canyon, an incredible handmade pedal by Dr. No Effects in the Netherlands. It’s not as feature laden as other pedals but it has a really cool sound. The moon in the center changes phase depending on which effects are active.

Contact customer service with the serial number and they will tell you what the finish is called... and I suspect they'll tell you 'Firemist Purple'....
who cares as long as you like it.

That’s a really good idea, thank you. I’ll look into that.

-k

I’ll call it blue purple. Regardless, it’s beautiful. I’m continually pleased by how much color variation there is in PRSi. It makes each instrument more unique in my eyes. Rock that bad boy.

The “name” of that color is HOT!! I would love to own that guitar and day and be proud. I just LOVE purple and will have one someday! Congrats man!!

The color is definitely growing on me and I love to switch back and forth between both guitars. But still, I had to ask. Here is the official reply:

"Thanks for contacting PRS Guitars.
Your S2 Standard SN# S2026543 is equipped with 85-15 S pickups. Your guitar was finished in a Custom Color."

Was hoping for more info, but perhaps they didn't record which one.

-k

Back