NGD: S2 594 Thinline

yankeebulldog

I don't like to get that specific
Snagged this earlier this week:
iNfPv8p.jpg

URL][
qv4ysBK.jpg

gVI3iqF.jpg

So far so good. No neck dive issues, seems just as balanced as my SAS or CU24 on the strap. The pickups are a little hotter than the 58/15 TCIs, 8.5k in the bridge, 7.9 in the neck.

Looks great, congrats! I love this finish, and the way the grain in the Mahogany pops through! Much better so than my S2 DC 594 with a mediocre flamed Maple top. ;)

Cool unique Board, too!

PRS: PLEASE PLEASE release a Thinline with the Pattern Vintage Neck Carve!!

Congrats! Another beauty! It is going to be tough deciding on a finish when I am ready to get a Thinline.

Congratulations, nice looking guitar. Have fun!

Nice! I want one.

BTW, who here remembers when NGD pix were smaller than life sized...? :rolleyes::D

I like the all hog look and color but apparently it wasn’t in the budget to countersink the cavity cover.

What makes it a “thinline”, is it just the lack of a maple cap?

How are the pickups sounding? Reviews on YT and comments are reporting they’re a bit muddy compared to the 58/15LTs. It’s hard to tell if they’re praising the core model or complaining about the S2 there, since most of the reviewers already had a core 594.

In any case I’m just wondering aloud... enjoy your new guitar :)

How's the thin neck? I'd be all over this if it had the pattern vintage neck.
I haven't measured it, but it feels about the same as my Custom 24 Floyd, maybe a tad thicker due to the gloss finish vs. satin on the Cu24. Nothing you can't get used to after a few mins of playing it.

Back