NGD: PS #4858 McCarty Singlecut

yankeebulldog

I don't like to get that specific
So, after an agonizing wait this weekend, I finally got this in. My UPS guy has a twisted sense of humor but that's a long story. PS McCarty SingleCut in Faded McCarty Burst.

This thing smokes. The pics don't do the top justice, very thick 3D flame. Only had a little while to plug it in but the tone is huge. Sounds like my Aqua Glow DC245 only "bigger" and with more growl if that makes any sense.

Congrats, Alan!! Killer specimen.

Can't wait for the full tone report, and the A/B with mine. (Soon to be A/B/C!) ;)

Gave this a proper burn in with my Friedman SS100 and Scumback cab. I'm really digging the cranked plexi style tones on this. The 57/08s in this sound really good, much better than in the stock Teds. I can get Free and Led Zep tones for days. Definitely the most LP sounding PRS yet. I also cranked up the gain for some GNR and AIC tones and it didn't disappoint. I was actually very surprised how well the 57/08s hold up with the gain boost engaged on the SS. I didn't really have to tweak the EQ on the amp at all but I usually have to do that to get rid of the mud.

Awesome, and it's sure a pretty one, too!

It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks they're fantastic guitars!

Back