NGD: PS #4346, SC 245 Ted Piezo in custom "Orange Glow Burst"!

I'm so proud of you! ;)

Thanks, Les!

There is something very special about making your own personalized creation in the Wood Library, my experience has totally changed in the last two years, where I went from flipping 50+ production PRS in four years to creating these 5 personalized masterpieces that are absolute keepers! I definitely prefer the latter experience of my Private Stocks, but I think I needed to go through the journey of the many guitars to hone in on what I created with the private stocks, my beloved DC 245 Ted McCarty (and a couple of SC's just to mix it up!)...

Thanks, Les!

There is something very special about making your own personalized creation in the Wood Library, my experience has totally changed in the last two years, where I went from flipping 50+ production PRS in four years to creating these 5 personalized masterpieces that are absolute keepers! I definitely prefer the latter experience of my Private Stocks, but I think I needed to go through the journey of the many guitars to hone in on what I created with the private stocks, my beloved DC 245 Ted McCarty (and a couple of SC's just to mix it up!)...

I get what you're saying. I wasn't as involved, but I'm equally happy with the acoustic I got.

I have a tremendous appreciation for what the PS team, Jack Gretz, and Paul R. Smith accomplished in selecting woods, creating and building my acoustic. Heck, all I did was state a few preferences, and they went to town making an incredible guitar!

That's the way I wanted it, of course; my thought was to let artists to do their thing. I can't honestly take any of the credit.

But I'm as thrilled with the result as if I'd put in a lot more effort! ;)

I do have a plan in mind for down the road...one that might be more of a one-off. But that's still far enough off in the future that it is still something of a pipe dream.

Last edited:
Back