NGD: PS #4089 - SC 245 Ted in Amethyst Burst!

Adding Daylight pics.

Much better representation of the color versus last night's pics:

PS+4089+Round+2+01.jpg

Birds are STELLAR!!

PS+4089+Round+2+02.jpg

PS+4089+Round+2+03.jpg

This one shows the cool wavy cross-grain:

PS+4089+Round+2+06.jpg

Matching Obeche backplates, of course!

PS+4089+Round+2+07.jpg

Raw Obeche is fairly hideous (and stinks!) but Obeche stained Antique Natural looks quite nice:

PS+4089+Round+2+08.jpg

Lit up with Sunlight. Cool colors and cross-grain!

PS+4089+Round+2+09.jpg

The only thing that bums me out a little is the board, not as dark as I had hoped, if not super dark, I should have gone for killer grain. At the time, I was focused on IRW just for going traditional Ted formula for tone (except of course the Obeche body). The board looks okay, the rest of it is sick enough that the visual impact of this guitar is the top, the color and the birds.

PS+4089+Round+2+12.jpg

PS+4089+Round+2+10.jpg

PS+4089+Round+2+13.jpg

Also note Amber Knobs today versus Clear yesterday. I prefer that look, ties in with the Antique Natural Back.

Lovely guitar! Are the tuning heads custom and how do the two toggle switches change the sound?

Tuners are Phase III. Tuner knobs are "Ivoroid", same as modern DGT's, soon to be available separately at the PRS Store, along with Black, per Shawn's recent post on that.

Two micro-toggles are a la 408, just an alternative to the push-pull to split, that gives that extra option of having both pickups on and one full and one split.

Split tones are like regular 5909 splits, decent, but much more of a volume drop split versus the 408's.

Back