NGD - PRS SE 245 Standard - New Bridge?

madhermit

Just got this today... ordered it back in 2018, July/August I think. Apparently they kept running into issues with CITES. Maybe the Indonesian factory where they are built now was having some issues too, and PRS weren't happy with the quality, just a guess.

So I had 2 to choose from that I unboxed. Interestingly they both had an adjustable bridge, which is not what is shown on the PRS site. Has brass saddles too it seems.

Here is the PRS site
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/se/se_245_standard_2019

The one I chose plays great, 7 lbs, and seems well built. The one I passed on had the worst binding but on the G string I have ever heard. Crazy bad and constant. Easy fix I know, but they were pretty much identical other than that.

Anyone know if this is the way they are going now? It may explain the price jump from $650-750 CDN. (I got it for $650 which is nice).

This is a lot of guitar for the money!

(Also posted this on TGP, but I figure there is a better chance of finding out info here :)

3KE4m7n.jpg

bFzxSEm.jpg

Very nice guitar! Congrats

I have seen the same, looks like they changed to the adjustable bridge on the newer models.

Another positive review of the MII guitars. :cool:

Very nice guitar! Congrats

I have seen the same, looks like they changed to the adjustable bridge on the newer models.

Another positive review of the MII guitars. :cool:

Well, of the two I played, the one had that crazy bad nut. It would ping-ping-ping over and over as you tuned up, then down, then up, then down. Never heard one that bad before. Should not have got past QC. A couple of things on mine that I don't care about, but I found a bit odd. The knobs had micro scratches all over them. Looked like they were slid over a rough surface a bunch of times. Also, a couple of scratches on the bridge, and the pickups look a little scratched up too. Overall, I don't care, but just thought it wasn't up to normal PRS QC.
I opened both from their shipping boxes myself (cut the tape). The one I chose didn't have a hang tag, but the other did. I would say mine feels like it was hanging around somewhere for a while getting worked on or something. I don't know why it took so long to get to Canada.

BUT, I am very happy with it. It will get the crappola played out of it.

Last edited:
Nice! I've been thinking of adding a hard tail SE to the collection now, for when i know i'll be abusive or have a buddy over without a guitar. These improvements are sending me more and more over the fence.

No contest Eddie, your S2 beats both of these SEs put together. ;)
Thanks. When I purchased my S2, I was sooooo drugged up, that I really didn’t take a good look at the guitar. I just assumed that S2 would have the tops like the pictures on the PRS site.

Back