NGD project ugly duckling 1993 ce24

It sticks to a magnet and it didn't scratch easily. I had a sharp screwdriver that barely made a mark on it so it seems it's steel.

I'm liking bianca so far haha

It sticks to a magnet and it didn't scratch easily. I had a sharp screwdriver that barely made a mark on it so it seems it's steel.

I'm liking bianca so far haha
Excellent, thanks for that!

How about Kara (Kara Zor-El is Supergirl, as in a take on the "Man of Steel" thing)?

Maybe ugly duckling was harsh it should be project retired road warrior!

I can't get enough of it, I was really hoping for a millcom but hey it sounds great as is. I'm almost getting second thoughts about my project incase it takes away the mojo

I'm thinking Pauline after Mr Smith haha

My 2c...leave her alone, keep the mojo.

Before I saw mine in person, I had convinced myself that she had enough of an, ahem, nice personality shall we say, that I got a budgetary quote from the PTC for a refin before I even laid a hand on her. I'd end up paying more for a refin that I did for the guitar itself.

Once I saw that she was in pretty darn nice shape (just a few dings and some lacquer cracks or checking), and heard how good she sounds, I decided it wasn't worth the risk in case it changes something.

My vote for the name is "Jackie Brown" :)

Congrats! Great score. I used to have an alder CE-24 which sounded and looked fantastic. I just couldn't get along with the Wide-Thin neck. (I'm still on the lookout for a nice CE with a Regular neck...)

As for names, I'm afraid I can't help you there. But I see you're from Scotland. My family emigrated from Scotland to the US a couple hundred years ago. My family is originally from near Fife. As such, I'm fiercely proud of my Scottish ancestry. I'd like to humbly suggest when it's time for a new finish, that you consider St. Andrew's Cross.

I like the wide thin neck it feels right to my hands

I would have another alder body in a heartbeat
I have an amp to trade for another guitar so I am on the hunt already

I am going to get a friend to photoshop my idea and see how it looks. I would like to keep it quiet until I work out if I am going to go ahead with it

I am bonding with it quickly

I have found stickers on it I'm trying to track them down. I have some concerns it may be stolen. If it is it deserves to be returned to its legal owner. Fingers crossed its not I would be a bit upset having to give her back

I've ownedy 93 since 95. Alder body, maple cap, MilCom bridge. Original pickups swapped for DIIs which I don't me with my Black Pearl but love with my Mesa DC3.
I still have the 5 way but replaced it with a 3 way and tap pull on the tone. Since owning I have refinned the neck twice. Regular profile. I also had gold plated brass pup rings cut to fit and custom ordered numberless speed knobs. 18 years of love at first sting.
I play my 2004 Jeff Beck strat and think "What a well built guitar".
Then I pick up my CE and think " what a perfectly built guitar".

I love both of mine, the alder is crisp and I like the light body for a change. I can honestly say I don't intend on selling them ever

I went into my local police station and gave them the details of the guitar and asked to find out if it has been reported stolen. I think its probably just been forgotten about but I want to make sure!

Back