NGD: Private Stock Custom 24 Laguna Dragon's Breath, Ziricote Neck, Quilt Top

docteurseb

Incoming guitar tomorrow, or Monday if UPS manages to delay it at the last minute like last time.

If you wonder what that could be here's a hint... although I'm not sure if it'll be helpful or misleading:

ebsarEs.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly I'm going to guess Monday, UPS stopped Saturday delivery in my area...but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Looking forward to seeing what it is.

If (or rather 'when') I'm in the Vault again one day with Paul I'll ask him if he has some well dried or possibly roasted MDF for my build's top. Would love to see his face/reply

Giggle! Sorry Doc I couldn’t resist the comment.

I can only imagine his reply.

Ach Paul has a good sense of humour. You do it, video his reaction and I’ll send him a bottle of single malt.

It's been "Preparing for Delivery" since 9am, it's 1pm. Doesn't look too promising but we'll see....

Took a bit longer as I had to steam the backplates with an iron to remove a dent.
I always love this trick (wood needs to not be completely sealed obvious for this to work).

Before:
3c67gGc.jpg

After:
dTphbN1.jpg

Also had to apply a bit of wipe on poly to them in order to match the color of the satin neck.

I made you wait a few days for pictures already, but I've been waiting for over a year for the damn guitar :p
yjulXvp.jpg

ytrjLuR.jpg

GUaM8tl.jpg

Back