NGD: 2013 Private Stock Laguna Dragon Breath Custom 24

docteurseb

Updated: pics at the bottom of this page and on page 2.

3+ years ago I discovered PRS and Private Stock finishes.
There was one specific 2013 Private Stock that got me sucked into PRS ownership the moment I saw pictures of it.
It also got me started learning wood dyeing, because it tends to be a bit expensive if you buy a guitar every time you 'fall in love' with a Private Stock color...

That guitar showed up for sale couple years ago but I thought the price was delusional for the market back then. Well, it was delusional but it sold nonetheless for almost the asking price after several months.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and by a complete accident I got acquainted with the owner of this guitar, and he surprisingly agreed to part with it (he has a 'few' others).
Drove 6+ hours one way last week-end to pick it up (also an excuse to spend time in LA).

Original owner gigged with it but it's still in 'very good' condition; I won't have to be too worried playing that one.
And the prior owner did a great job cleaning it up and getting rid of the strong smoke smell in the case/guitar. The case exterior is basically trashed.

Here's a teaser until I get to take better pics of it.
Some might recognize it ?
59hT5lq.jpg

Last edited:
Laguna Dragons Breath. If it was a Brian G build, I tried to trade for it one time. At least I think I did? Memory isn’t what it used to be…

It's gonna take longer than expected for me to clean it up and adjust couple things (wood rings a bit too high compared to PRS ones) and take pictures.
In the meantime here are couple pics of the most interesting part of the guitar (the back being all mahogany):
SwdklFP.jpg

AdyPa4s.jpg

It has a matching African Blackwood headstock+tuner buttons+TRC with MOP purfling.
There isn't much I want to change except do a gradated set of curly maple buttons.

Last edited:
Back