NGD: Hollowbody II Artist

Brazilian wood

Hi, here my knew Hollowbody II artist, faded jeans, ebony board, one piece quilted and piezo. Great weight and tone!!!
hope you like and sorry for the bad pics (I am as good photographer as I am a guitar player, LOL)

Imagem1_zps80e6637e.jpg
Image5_zps64c7c256.jpg
Imagem4_zps4ac69d58.jpg
Imagem3_zps9688ff5e.jpg

The last one with her other blue sister (MEQ).

Last edited:
Yeah, that a sweet and unique looking guitar. I haven't played a PRS hollow body. How does it sound without an amp and does the hollow body change the sound much when it's plugged in? I used to have a Gibson ES345 and I always felt the thin hollow body gave it extra resonance. HNGD!

Yeah, that a sweet and unique looking guitar. I haven't played a PRS hollow body. How does it sound without an amp and does the hollow body change the sound much when it's plugged in? I used to have a Gibson ES345 and I always felt the thin hollow body gave it extra resonance. HNGD!

I have been with her for 5 days now and my impressions are that unplugged it sounds louder, not as loud a an acoustic but louder than a solid body. It is interesting that I always play unplugged while watching TV and I have seen my wife increasing the TV volume while I was playing it, showing how louder it is compared to my other solid bodies PRS.

Plugged it is a joy. Despite not having the full body crunch for chords as a McCarty or a Les Paul it has a gorgeous open and airy chords, great clean tones and beautiful soloing sounds. Only played at home yet but it works well with overdrive also and could not hear feedback issues.

I am very happy with this one, it is very light and the quality is top notch. I have a 2007 Artist McCarty and this 2012 HB2 artist seens to be even more flawless in contruction (if I can say that) compared to my other PRS.

Last edited:
I have been with her for 5 days now and my impressions are that unplugged it sounds louder, not as loud a an acoustic but louder than a solid body. It is interesting that I always play unplugged while watching TV and I have seen my wife increasing the TV volume while I was playing it, showing how louder it is compared to my other solid bodies PRS.

Plugged it is a joy. Despite not having the full body crunch for chords as a McCarty or a Les Paul it has a gorgeous open and airy chords, great clean tones and beautiful soloing sounds. Only played at home yet but it works well with overdrive also and could not hear feedback issues.

I am very happy with this one, it is very light and the quality is top notch. I have a 2007 Artist McCarty and this 2012 HB2 artist seens to be even more flawless in contruction (if I can say that) compared to my other PRS.
That first part about the TV volume rings true in my house too:) As she creeps up the volume, I'll start playing louder just to mess with her:flute::D

It doesn't quite have the solid body crunch, but I feel like it makes up for that a bit with the big, open, beefy resonance. Mine is a SCHB II. We rehearse pretty loud and the 1st time I had it out, I had zero feedback issues. It felt pretty natural in the mix to me with high gain. I play in band that is kinda AIC, Tool, STP in terms of gain levels.

Awww man, just noticed your artist case is blue lined! JEALOUS! :rock:

Back