NGD (Gear, Not Guitar This Time)

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
I got a little sumpin' new for the recording setup...

GED211201.jpg

Hmmm....what's this now? This is not my beautiful guitar...I mean, this is not the usual kind of thing I get.

So, as my estranged twin once asked...

tenor.gif

Why, lookee here - it's something to plug my Kingfisher into!

GED211202.jpg

Tech 21 Geddy Lee signature GED2112 bass Sansamp! I ordered it way back when it was first announced, same time I ordered the Alpha/Omega Mark Holcomb pickup set for my 7-string. I'm not a bass player, and a real bass amp doesn't make a ton of sense for me. Up until now, I've used some combination of a Digitech all-in-one bass multiFX pedal, a DI/preamp, and modeling software (usually IK Multimedia's Ampeg package, but sometimes S-Gear or something in whichever DAW I was using).

Two channels, FX loop, dedicated inputs on the back plus the one in front, balanced outs, 1/4" outs and a tuner out. Should be racked up this weekend - not sure when I'll get around to recording with it.

Oh yeah - cool graphics...

GED211203.jpg

And a nifty button!

GED211204.jpg

And because it was from Sweetwater, Tootsie Rolls and Atomic Fireballs (and also quickly discarded Bits O'Honey)!

Hell, I'd buy that just because it's got Geddy on it! Then I'd have to get a bass too!

Hell, I'd buy that just because it's got Geddy on it! Then I'd have to get a bass too!

Geddy sure didn't hurt the cause. May have even helped a little.

Or a lot.

Or maybe I had a knee jerk reaction and ordered before I could stop myself.

But I did need another solution. Or at least I wanted one.

Back