NGD - First Private Stock - Faded Aqua Violet Avalanche!

:bawling:I passed on that top??? Surely not! :D

What a fun day! And, that turned out simply AWESOME! Congrats, my friend! :rock::congrats::rock:

I think he swiped it from you while you were looking at neck blanks for Tim.

How does it feel to knock it out of the park on your first at-bat? :adore: Big time congrats, Bobby and Evie D! :rock:

BobbyD bats 1000!

Oh BTW....

You are very brave Sir....... Going to the Library for the first time with Markie, 11 Top, Sleeby and DFD! Pretty much like going out for you first beer with Keith Richards!!! :)

I had nothing to do with it. :tongue:

Thanks for all the love! This forum has been a huge part of my PRS journey and it was great to build something from all of the ideas that people have shared.

Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Well done to the D family!! Killer stuff, glad to have seen some of the action unfold!!!

I NEED MORE PICS DUDE!!!!!

You, sir, are hardcore. 6 hours of build time in the middle of the night? That was impressive:)

Here are a few more pics from DFD...
Echo03_zps235325fe.jpg

Echo02_zpsec10805f.jpg

Oh BTW....

You are very brave Sir....... Going to the Library for the first time with Markie, 11 Top, Sleeby and DFD! Pretty much like going out for you first beer with Keith Richards!!! :)

It's not bravery if you don't know any better!:dontknow: But the crew really took care of me. I'd recommend it for anyone's first time out! And don't forget Jesse! Despite his protestations, he did have plenty to do with it!

:bawling:I passed on that top??? Surely not! :D

Thanks, man! You passed on the top and the neck! I'm just going to have to follow you around every time I spec something out.

Mr & Mrs D, Congrats on a "Killer" Guitar. I salute MrsD on putting together a perfect Guitar & also salute you for letting BobbyD help with a few suggestions here & there. It turned out awesome. If it sounds anything like it looks................. Yah-mon :rock:

Well said! And it does sound amazing. The 408s are breathtaking. I was hoping for a guitar that could go from John Petrucci to John Coltrane and that's what I got:) Go Private Stock Team!

Well played Bobby and Evie!

I tried to photograph the inlays for the PSF thread, but I could never get the color in the pics to do justice to the true color

PRS guitars are so incredibly detailed that I just can't photograph them. I don't know if it's my camera or my complete lack of skill, but I am never satisfied with the results. Thanks for all the hard work that you must put into every PSF!

Last edited:
Oh my.....
Stellar build! Bobby, congrats to you and Mrs. D. Great meet the 2 of you as well!

I keep coming back to see more of this guitar. It's a good one. Loving those black pups. Really jump off the top.

Short Version
I went to the Experience with my wife (Evie D!) and the Forum made her spec out a Private Stock with DFD from Wild West Guitars. It was awesome!

Long Version*
*Forum handles will be used to protect the innoc.... you guys.
My wife and I went to our second PRS Experience expecting something similar to last year. See great music, meet some great people, revel in the magic at the factory, and go home. All of that stuff happened, but the forum turned things up to 11! Jesse and I had been going back and forth about the Forum Guitar, so he got us together with Geese and themike. They herded us over to Signature Picture, which led to an introduction to Markie, 11Top, JustRob, WEDGE, and QueenCityGuitars.

Then Markie and Jesse convinced my wife to walk into the vault with DFD. And showed her how to pick tops. Then Markie showed me how to follow 11Top around to grab the amazing pieces he picks out but doesn’t go with. It took a village to raise this guitar, and she’s absolutely worth it!

Keep in mind that while all of this is going on, Tim is speccing out a Private Stock via DFD’s iPad…from Australia….at 3am his time. There were a ton of people going in and out of the room, and we were present for a ton of other awesome builds (that I won’t spoil for you). You guys made it an awesome first time in the vault, and talked us through an amazing process!

Thank You!
Markie, JFB, 11Top, QueenCityGuitars, Tim – You guys held our hands the whole time and really made the Private Stock experience for us!
DFD – Amazing to work with during this entire process. Can’t say enough about how he’s kept the Private Stock excitement going for my wife and I.
Tina, Jamie, and Paul Miles – Managed to turn a million choices into a work of art that I look forward to giving to my son someday. And they really helped my wife get into the creative process and kept her involved. And they did it while in the middle of the hurricane that is Experience.
Evie D – 1) Dude, stop lurking on the internet! 2) Surprise! I had your name put on the back of the headstock. You designed it as much as I did. 3) Thanks for being awesome! 4) No, you cannot play it:D
Everyone at Experience – Thanks to everyone who distracted my wife so I could shop on the sales floor, the wonderful people at PRS who make these amazing instruments and the artists that remind me why I love music so much.

Oh. I almost forgot the pics…
IMG_1004_zps7dfc3fcf.jpg

c44b99af-f18b-4b52-8e25-dc1ecc189b67_zps01b9d4bc.jpg

Echo03_zps235325fe.jpg.html

Echo05_zpsa91ef399.jpg

Echo09_zps816f1178.jpg

Echo11_zpsb7eb5b60.jpg
Yo Bobby D!!!!
Great rock n' roll tale of the coming of the Faded Aqua Violet Monster that now is in your hands!!!! Yes, Paul, Jamie n' Tina are awesome in The Eye of The Hurricane that is The Experience. I remember Markie poking me in the back n' saying "Bobby D's on board" to navigate The Private Stock waters. I remember TimboWalllzzzeeeMannnFrommmOzzz also injecting the venom that is his expert take on the axe, from Oz, via the magic of my trusty iPad. O'course, 11Topper n' JFB n' Markie all had a hand in the action. The lovely Evie D ultimately joined forces with you and now we have the Semi-Hollower of Epic Ultra-Aqua-Violet proportions! Her matte-finish kaleidoscope flame neck actually caused our amazing tech, Gun D and I to fight back tears as we gazed upon her beauty up in his rock shop before sending the beast to you. At least I'm pretty sure it was the super-sweet Faded Aqua Violet flame neck that brought us to tears (Gun D had been shooting a lot of lacquer that afternoon, which can also cause flushing of the cheeks, shortness of breath and watery eyes). Still I know we were looking at the purply-sweeeet Aqua Flamer neck, and it was very emotional). But I digress. It was GREAT to meet you, Bobby D. You are a lucky man to have Evie D by your side! In the end, your first private stock journey was a true highlight of the adventure that is The PRS Experience. Of course, another highlight that left me exhausted just before our amazing Vault Visit/Experience 2013: Sergio and I had just that morning taken time out from the hectic schedule of The Experience to revisit our swim team days, completing a highly-competitive Butterfly swimming match on the choppy waters of the volatile Chesapeake Bay before I entered The PRS Private Stock Realm with you. The emotions of the swimming match, and ultimately everyone uniting, left me spent, in the end, as The Plan for The Faded Aqua Violet Semi-Hollow Beauty was set into motion. As I gaze at your forum post photos of the seductive, alluring aqua figuring of your axe, the images take me back to The Aquatic Magic of The Chesapeake Bay, with Serge, and the wonderful times we all shared that day. The Faded Aqua Violet Beauty gleams like an amazing Aqua Violet Treasure from the mysterious, long lost city of Atlantis!!!! Thus, my tribute; unveil a photo of The Man From Atlantis from the 70s drama of the same name. Faded Aqua Violet Rulez The Wastelandz!!!!
Rock ON, Bobby and Evie D; and Congratulations!
Bang Stallions Unite !!!!
DFD
article-1150846-0397c829000005dc-214_233x391-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the love! This forum has been a huge part of my PRS journey and it was great to build something from all of the ideas that people have shared.

You, sir, are hardcore. 6 hours of build time in the middle of the night? That was impressive:)

Echo03_zps235325fe.jpg

Echo02_zpsec10805f.jpg

It's not bravery if you don't know any better!:dontknow: But the crew really took care of me. I'd recommend it for anyone's first time out! And don't forget Jesse! Despite his protestations, he did have plenty to do with it!

Thanks, man! You passed on the top and the neck! I'm just going to have to follow you around every time I spec something out.

Well said! And it does sound amazing. The 408s are breathtaking. I was hoping for a guitar that could go from John Petrucci to John Coltrane and that's what I got:) Go Private Stock Team!

PRS guitars are so incredibly detailed that I just can't photograph them. I don't know if it's my camera or my complete lack of skill, but I am never satisfied with the results. Thanks for all the hard work that you must put into every PSF!

Yes, Evie D is an angel, to be sure! In other news: I agree that the purple pearl center with the mother of pearl outlines is a satin-neck delight!
DFD

Echo03_zps235325fe.jpg

Echo02_zpsec10805f.jpg

TimboWallzeeeMannnFrommmOzz is The Ultimate Wild Stallyiiiiiiiiin (In The Night) on this legendary run !!!!
DFD

Back