NGD! F Hole Inside!

cshore

Wow! This guitar is a home run. The sound is just sublime clean and dirty, it weighs 6 pounds and the neck is brilliantly comfortable. I am blown away. I haven't owned a PRS since around 2011. They have really stepped it up IMO. Not that there was anything bad about the old ones but I bought one because they seemed to really up their game with the feel of the neck/frets in the last few years. This thing plays like a dream.

Plus, it's semi-hollow and has a trem. I can't really think of any other guitars that have that. Perfect combination for me.

12068857_10205424417306253_2783554478656326161_o.jpg

Let me be the first to give you props on your catch and I agree with you completely on the level of workmanship. I recently bought a 408 and plays better than almost any PRS I've owned, they are getting better at it, in my view.

Oh boy oh boy. I brought this thing to a rehearsal tonight and it was singing! I usually play my G&L Legacy Special and this guitar has so much more presence and kick to the sound. I could actually hear myself tonight better than ever. This guitar cuts through the mix something fierce.

I play in a progressive rock band that improvises probably more than we play composed stuff. We cover a lot of ground, from jazz to hip hop to country to metal. This thing can really do a lot of stuff. The coil split positions sound fantastic. I can go from a screaming lead sound a la Jimmy Herring to a mellowed out dub sound and each one sounds very nice. Very little feedback concerns despite the hollowness. And this thing sustains infinitely. I can almost control the note and let it go from sustain to feedback at will. Very awesome.

Also, my legacy weighs 9.5 pounds. This guitar weighs 6. My shoulder is happy.

I am truly blown away by this guitar. I debated very hard whether I wanted to pursue PRS after not really bonding with them years ago. I'm really glad I did. Phenomenal guitar.

One question: right now the trem only raises slightly. Is this normal for PRS guitars? I'm used to having my guitars with trems be able to pull up at least a whole step on the G string. Wondering if I should mess with the spring tension or leave it as is.

I think PRSi trems are set for a very slight pull up, maybe a semitone at best. But others may have better info on that. I know that's all the range I have (or need) on mine; I have a Floyd for that type of stuff (and a Bladerunner on a Partscaster which I can pull up a minor third on the G string).

One question: right now the trem only raises slightly. Is this normal for PRS guitars? I'm used to having my guitars with trems be able to pull up at least a whole step on the G string. Wondering if I should mess with the spring tension or leave it as is.

I would bend up the whole step and use the trem for vibrato. But yeah, my CU24 does the same thing. Not a real big deal IMHO.

And, oh yeah, congrats on your sweet score!

Back