NGD Dustie Waring Custom 24

MikeD

Is there anything better than starting a NGD thread?

After a good deal of searching I found a Dustie Waring that I was happy with and it made it to Michigan yesterday.
aasAGQq.gif

Wow. What a beautiful instrument. Truly a piece of functional art.

The color is more red than purple kind of a redish purple. The SW pics below are very close to the actual color. I LOVE the satin finish and the black hardware. I am 100% anit-bling and this guitar fits my tastes almost perfectly. Still have to see how she plays though.

My wife's usual response when I show her a new guitar is something like, "that's nice" or "another one?". With this DW she said, "OMG that is BEAUTIFUL! That's the nicest one you've ever bought".

Then she asked how much it was. I shrugged. She said, "How much????" I shrugged again. She asked, "Better I don't know?" I told her I'd tell her if she really wanted to know but, yes, better you don't know.
fOc7053.gif

On a side note. Sweetwater has got this buying gear online thing figured out. I've bought tons of stuff on the interwebs and I don't think I've ever had a smoother, easier or more pleasant experience than this one. Great buying experience in every way.

Now the pictures

iqtOgmll.jpg

p2ezitol.jpg

rrIwwW5l.jpg

PuIiVvzl.jpg

fGqgPgql.jpg

g4Nk2Vvl.jpg

Last edited:
Those DWs are beautiful. There's a little sign up at a local shop. It says
"My biggest fear is that when I Die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her I paid for them."

Congrats. Great looking DW! I just got mine too from Sweetwater.

Nice! Congrats. That top is awesome.

I wish satin was an option for all models.

Hey players of these and other PRS with 25.5 inch scale... do you notice a tonal difference with the scale length between these and (typical) PRS with 25 inch scale? Extra chime? Beef/tonal weight?

+1 for a bitchin new DW! If you like the looks so much and you're curious about how it plays......the best part is yet to come because it's a smooth playing fiddle.....like butter!

Back