NGD - Custom 24 Fatback

XSNRG

Took a chance with the Guitar Center sale and got an incredible new Custom 24 Fatback. It is incredibly clean no marks, dings, etc. The flame neck is insane. Per PRS:

This is a 2019 wood library Custom 24 Fatback, figured maple top, mahogany back, figured maple neck with a wide/thin carve, figured maple fretboard with Paua bird inlays, Burnt Maple Leaf finish with 58/15 LT pickups.

The Burnt Maple Leaf figured maple top is insanely beautiful, words dont do it justice. I also dig the gold and chrome offset on everything..ie: chrome covers with gold slugs, gold and chrome tuners, etc. As to the wiring it appears that it is VVT with a PRS push pull tone. The toggle is the three way selector switch. Unfortunately, PRS could not verify if it was factoryb installed this way or a mod from PTC. (If anyone has any ideas comments on the wiring please indulge me)

20240606-160432.jpg

20240606-155511.jpg

20240606-160524.jpg

20240607-101337.jpg

Gorgeous guitar and the neck's amazing.

GC can be a crapshoot but sometimes they don't know what they have and can give great deals. The downside is really low too, given their 45 day return policy. Congats!

Gorgeous guitar and the neck's amazing.

GC can be a crapshoot but sometimes they don't know what they have and can give great deals. The downside is really low too, given their 45 day return policy. Congats!
Agreed, I have gotten one or two absolute steals from GC when the particular store didnt know what they had.

Forgive me for asking, but why is it called a “Fatback”? Is the body thicker, or something of the like?
"Fatback" is a feature usually reserved for Wood Library and Private Stock guitars. A typical Core Custom 24's body will average 1" wide. Wood Library Custom 24 Fatbacks average at 1.5" wide. Making them similar in thickness to a McCarty body style.

In addition, they usualy change up the electronics configuration.

Back