NGD custom 22 SE pickup help needed

waylander69

Hi people o my word just got a custom 22 SE second hand locally vintage sunburst with a stop tail.

Don't seem to be able to load a picture at the moment,
Anyway the tone is awesome and the sustain is the best of all 7 pre guitars I have .

Not sure what pickups are in it tho as the seller could only say they were stock
Serial number starts with a P so I think it's year of manufacture is 2015
When did pre start putting 85\15 S pups in ?
They don't sound like my dragon 2 , hrs / base , 245, however the 59/09 in my core custom 24 sounds closer
Had a look at the back of pups and there is nothing writen other than G&B pickup company

Anybody got any idea what's bad boys are ??

Peace
G \../

The new 85/15 s pickups in SE's came out in 2017 I think. My 2018 SE CU24 Floyd has them in. My 2016 Zach Myers has old pickups, HFS which are kind of classic hot PAF/rock type pickups. I think most SE's before 2017 came with them. They didn't change the pickups in the newer model Zach Myers. I like both guitars but I haven't tried a CU22 with the older pickups to comment on how they sound on that guitar.

Hi
I have a Zach Myres SE and that has SE245's in to the best of my knowledge and there is a marked difference between the 2 guitars, eg on the zach se the tone pot needs to be at 2 but the custom 22 runs at 5,
With the tone pot at 5 on the custom 22 the major difference between that and my core custom 24 ( tone at 7 ) is the volume needed ,
need to run a boost which I normally use for lead parts when using the custom 22

The tone furnace pickups I haven't heard of before and they are in any of my other guitar so if they are they're a nice pickup.

cheers guys and thanks for all input, this is more curiosity not a deal breaker BTW , just like to know if possible what my gear is , it sounds awesome tho

G \../

Back