NGD coming…to compete with my silver sky

You could indeed. But then you play one and realise exactly how good they are.

Im not a huge strat fan, and I’m definitely not a PRS fanboy, but (and it’s just my opinion I suppose) the SS is the first ‘S’ type guitar that has really raised my eyebrows with how well it played and how great it sounded, straight into an amp with no effects at all.

Which was sort of my point. That kind of logic isn't really logic at all. Play something, and decide if it's worth it to you. Try a custom shop strat and see if it's worth the price, or if you feel comfortable dismissing it as just 'a bolt on neck with paint finish'. It just seemed like a ridiculous statement, especially on (as mentioned) a forum where people won't blink at a guitar well into 5 figures that doesn't necessarily play any better than one a third of the price.

I love my HSS strat; US 2008 or so. But man; I played my buddies Silver Sky and that is an amazing axe.
Neck thickness and radius, frets, etc. take some getting used to. But the tone, feel; the pickups; the 5 different positions - amazing.

I've been really digging Cory Wong's tone recently, and I hear he often goes direct into the board (and mostly on position 4).

Love Cory Wong! Such an amazing guitarist.

"So, it’s great, and I love the fact that it’s so versatile. Pretty much 90 per cent of what I do is in the fourth position, neck and middle pickup.”
-Cory Wong

https://www.guitarworld.com/feature...ws-out-my-voice-in-an-easy-and-effortless-way

fft__wildcat.jpg
R107942-1.jpg
L..... L.. Love them!

Soooo…,

might have a PRS up for sale. this CS is amazing.

The PRS IS VERY CLOSE in quality, but the trem on the fender is nicer and the tones are more up my alley.

Back