NGD (but not a happy NGD)

This is very interesting. The people I ordered from had no idea that it was going to be their responsibility to change out the rings. Hmmmm.

Sounded great. Played great. Like a PRS should. I like the feel of the Ebony board. First PRS I have played with one. Played it for about 10 minutes before packing it back up.

I had something similar happen to me when I ordered my custom 22.

It showed up at the dealer the wrong color.

He contacted PRS and they hand picked a new top and moved me to the front of the line. Took about 2 1/2 weeks IIRC.

They offer both the tear drop Charcoal Burst, and the Charcoal Contour Burst.

I think you may be right about the knobs. Seems like they've done away with black knobs with the lampshade knobs and have replaced them with clear/black. While that's annoying, I can always rectify that aftermarket.

SE-0040-2-2T.jpg

Those are what I am talking about.

They did away with the speed knobs years ago. Those are the correct black lampshades you got. Give them a chance, they feel fantastic, IMO.

That's a freakin' gorgeous guitar, but I can imagine the frustration of it not being what you ordered. Hopefully the dealer will help make it right.

Will they even do a contourburst on a singlecut guitar? Ive never seen one, artist package or not.

Ive also not heard of them changing the rings/switchtip from factory, either, artist pack or not.

Hope it gets worked out for you!

Will they even do a contourburst on a singlecut guitar? Ive never seen one, artist package or not.

Ive also not heard of them changing the rings/switchtip from factory, either, artist pack or not.

Yeah, they do a contour. It's listed as an available finish on the Tremonti for this year.

Here's one Willcutt got last week.
216098-4sm.jpg

Garrett - I have a Paul's Guitar with the lampshade knobs. I like them. I just don't like the look of them on the charcoal burst finishes. But that stuff is an easy swap. Unfortunately, I can't just knock the paint off where I don't want it ;)

They sure will, I have a Tremonti with a contour burst

Last edited:
I had something similar happen to me when I ordered my custom 22.

It showed up at the dealer the wrong color.

He contacted PRS and they hand picked a new top and moved me to the front of the line. Took about 2 1/2 weeks IIRC.

Good to hear!

My dealer heard back from PRS today, they say the work order was mis-read in paint. I guess it must have been mis-read during all the QC after that and up to and through final inspection too :\. They hot-ticketed my guitar/issue and I should find out shortly if they're refinishing, rebuilding, or what my options are. Everyone I have told is saying ask for this ask for that, gets ridiculous. I'd just like what I ordered haha. Oh well, I'll keep this thread updated.

I got bit pretty bad at that Experience, my wife bought my first PRS for me the Xmas before the 2012 Exp. She bought the Tremonti for me as well, now she wishes she'd never opened that particular Pandora's box. :evil:

I was in line for dinner with you that year. Had no idea of the greatness that was yet to come!

That was a great night! The show was off the chain. The food was excellent. The showroom was wall to wall masterpieces. I met some good, good people including Mark Tremonti and PRSh. Became pals with DFD and Brian. I hope to bump into all the forum guys!

Everyone I have told is saying ask for this ask for that
You're letting them off the hook way to easy. I'd demand a Private Stock version for all your trouble and angst! : ~ )

PS….I'm sure you'll be a happy customer by the time this is over.

I love the contour charcoal burst instruments I've seen online, if I ever ordered from the factory, that's what I'd get. Hope the refab happens soon for you.

Back