NGD (but not a happy NGD)

Morphine

Well the Tremonti Artist Package I ordered in early October arrived today. Sadly, it wasn't built to spec.

My spec was Contour Charcoal Burst, Ebony fretboard, Black pickup rings, Black toggle switch, Black knobs.

They did get the fretboard correct. Sadly, everything else is wrong. While the hardware would have been a simple fix, the tear drop burst is a deal breaker for me.

I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow to get the return process (hopefully the rebuild is moved to the front of the line) started.

Here's a pic I snapped before boxing it back up. Shame too, nice flame, and the ebony board is awesome. Oh well, I am sure it will make someone happy. Maybe in 2-3 months I'll have my HAPPY NGD.
IMG_5934.jpg

The burst was done like it didn't have a 10 top....send that puppy back. It still is nice though but you didn't order it like that .

Sorry to hear this, it took three attempts back when I got my SE Tremonti Custom.
How did this happen to yours, do they have a spec sheet to work off of?
Hope they put you to the top of the list to rectify this.

I agree with rugerpc, I'd bet they'll just refinish it and change out the hardware. And if I were you, that's what I would hope for, that flame looks great!

Sorry about your guitar. I am wondering if non-standard hardware is a problem with ordered Artist Package guitars.

I ordered my AP guitar last April and finally received it in December. (Build date on the case listed as August. Not sure what happened)

I had ordered black pickup rings, but received the standard, white. Spoke with my dealer who assured me he would get me the black ones. After additional followup, and additional assurances, it is now March and I still don't have them. I have given up and don't intend to ever receive them.

I'm glad your dealer is doing right by you. I will never deal with mine again. Nearly a year, and still haven't made mine right.

Kevin

Sorry about your guitar. I am wondering if non-standard hardware is a problem with ordered Artist Package guitars.

I ordered my AP guitar last April and finally received it in December. (Build date on the case listed as August. Not sure what happened)

I had ordered black pickup rings, but received the standard, white. Spoke with my dealer who assured me he would get me the black ones. After additional followup, and additional assurances, it is now March and I still don't have them. I have given up and don't intend to ever receive them.

I'm glad your dealer is doing right by you. I will never deal with mine again. Nearly a year, and still haven't made mine right.

Kevin

I'd email PRS and let them know how you feel about your interactions with your dealer. Also ask if there's any reason why something like this should take so long. If they're not aware of the situation, they can't really intervene on your behalf.

I was just adding another data point regarding ordered guitars and hardware. Fortunately the hardware part isn't really a big a deal.

I don't believe the issue I'm having at this point is with PRS. I just think my dealer gave me the guitar, and considers the transaction completed. Just bad customer service on their part. I figure at this point I'll get my own darn pickup rings and replace them at the next string change.

I'd email PRS and let them know how you feel about your interactions with your dealer. Also ask if there's any reason why something like this should take so long. If they're not aware of the situation, they can't really intervene on your behalf.

I know this situation all too well, unfortunately. You didn't happen to order from Fret12, did you?

I was just adding another data point regarding ordered guitars and hardware. Fortunately the hardware part isn't really a big a deal.

I don't believe the issue I'm having at this point is with PRS. I just think my dealer gave me the guitar, and considers the transaction completed. Just bad customer service on their part. I figure at this point I'll get my own darn pickup rings and replace them at the next string change.

Right, but then if you don't share your concern with PRS, they'll keep that dealer on file and others will have bad dealings with them. Perhaps if you complain to PRS they will look into getting your city a new dealer? :)

Sounds like a step in the right direction to me. If I ran PRS and some crappy dealer was giving my brand a less than perfect name, I'd drop them as a dealer in a heartbeat.

I know this situation all too well, unfortunately. You didn't happen to order from Fret12, did you?

Was not Fret12, but another online dealer. Not a huge deal to me whether I receive the black rings, but really unsatisfactory customer service. I couldn't order from them again because I would expect to be ignored if something really did need attention.

I should probably at least let PRS know about the issue I had. Is there a general customer service e-mail or #?

Thanks.

Was not Fret12, but another online dealer. Not a huge deal to me whether I receive the black rings, but really unsatisfactory customer service. I couldn't order from them again because I would expect to be ignored if something really did need attention.

I should probably at least let PRS know about the issue I had. Is there a general customer service e-mail or #?

Thanks.

Phone is always more personal, but email should work. I've emailed their customer service dept once before and they responded quickly.

Phone: 410-643-9970
[email protected]

I love the teardrop bursts. For some reason I'm under the impression that's what comes with an SC and a charcoal burst. That's a pretty one! Too bad it's not for you.

I don't think there are black knobs, I think those ARE the black knobs, by the way.

I did. But I have nothing bad to say about my interaction with Brian there. He's been extremely helpful the whole process. And he was very clear on what specifications I wanted. He's on this already this morning waiting to hear back from PRS.

I remember your thread, where you got one with a trem instead of the stop tail. *shaking head*

I love the teardrop bursts. For some reason I'm under the impression that's what comes with an SC and a charcoal burst. That's a pretty one! Too bad it's not for you.

I don't think there are black knobs, I think those ARE the black knobs, by the way.

They offer both the tear drop Charcoal Burst, and the Charcoal Contour Burst.

I think you may be right about the knobs. Seems like they've done away with black knobs with the lampshade knobs and have replaced them with clear/black. While that's annoying, I can always rectify that aftermarket.

SE-0040-2-2T.jpg

Those are what I am talking about.

I did. But I have nothing bad to say about my interaction with Brian there. He's been extremely helpful the whole process. And he was very clear on what specifications I wanted. He's on this already this morning waiting to hear back from PRS.

I remember your thread, where you got one with a trem instead of the stop tail. *shaking head*

Yep, that was me. I'm sure they'll take care of you over at Fret12, still sucks though. It wasn't PRS's fault for mine being ordered incorrectly, it was Fret12's. BTW, they (Fret12) were responsible for adding the black pup rings and selector knob, not PRS.

Yep, that was me. I'm sure they'll take care of you over at Fret12, still sucks though. It wasn't PRS's fault for mine being ordered incorrectly, it was Fret12's. BTW, they (Fret12) were responsible for adding the black pup rings and selector knob, not PRS.

Yeah, he told me that about the rings/selector and that it's done there and not at PRS. I am fine with that. Unfortunately, Brian was out of the office last week and someone else was left to handle that and dropped the ball. But that's a minor hiccup compared to the wrong paint job lol.

I've dealt with very similar problems from other companies, so I can't say I am surprised. Hopefully PRS is as quick as the others were to rectify it.

Back