NGD - 408 Braz

hippietim

Not a new user...
I got it last week - haven't taken any pics of it yet but here's one of it being gigged last Friday:

311041_10201017034688827_858319871_n_zps677e0c82.jpg

Nice!
What neck carve is it?
How does it compare to your other PRS's in the stable?

Waiting for more info on when mine will arrive.

Fudge.............................. I think you got my Guitar Tim :tongue:

Very cool Muh-man :rock: :rock:

That is very likely because there was an anonymous note in the case addressed to "My dearest shnookie Markie" - the rest of the message is not appropriate for the forum.

What neck carve is it?

I didn't even look at the tag - it's not a thin neck so it must be a regular pattern carve.

How does it compare to your other PRS's in the stable?

Very favorably. It feels great, excellent fit and finish. In terms of tone, it sounds pretty close to my PS Signature (no surprise there). I wouldn't mind if it were a pound or so lighter but it's not as heavy as several other guitars I have.

Dig it. How do you like the 408's with BRW?

So far, so good. It sounded killer at the gig. I never even plugged it into my rig before hand - I just restrung it, set it up, and took it to the gig. I've been using my Stars & Stripes Sig in rehearsal lately so I had a good idea of how this guitar would fit the music and it performed pretty much as I had expected.

Nice! I'm loving my new 408 Standard but there are times those maple tops start a calling! :)

Do you think that makes that much of a difference? I'm not sure if I could tell the difference or not with a blind test - it'd be interesting to try a several with/without maple tops to compare.

Not sure - the Standard sounds killer and feels exactly like my old McCarty which had the same (well, Wide/Fat vs Pattern) neck but I didn't get to A/B it against a MT model. I did play a couple of MT Studios but the 408 felt and sounded better to me. A nice flame top just looks so good, though ... :)

Not sure - the Standard sounds killer and feels exactly like my old McCarty which had the same (well, Wide/Fat vs Pattern) neck but I didn't get to A/B it against a MT model. I did play a couple of MT Studios but the 408 felt and sounded better to me. A nice flame top just looks so good, though ... :)

Just found this on YouTube - comparing the maple top Sig Ltd with the all-mahogany 408 Standard (albeit with the rosewood neck):

http://youtu.be/4qmGOSWrk9E

408 sounds a lot like mine - even with the rosewood neck, To me, the Sig Ltd sounds 'hollower' - maybe more detailed with that? - a little more top end and a little less mids? 408 Standard sounds beefier which, for what I play, is better for me but I can see how subtler, more technical playing might benefit from the greater nuances from the maple top Sig.

Back