NGD - 2023 Silver Sky

TheBlueOne

Just picked up my third core Silver Sky...this one a late 2023 in Dodgem Blue. Still haven;t taken the hang tag or the plastic pickguard film off yet... Thinking of putting a tortoise pickguard on it...

ergjApCDYMkw2eGaHx3M4ZUZjsxTlcADG8kzrF5b.jpg
D0qpyBTyCAIkI3lBZo3siAlqLlEaAW18FDvkW3Ar.jpg

Congrats. no sarcasm intended, but out of curiosity, why a 3rd one? has there been changes in the model since it was introduced, or do you just put different pups in them?
I have one 2022 maple board and one 2019 rosewood board. The 2019 model - different pickups, different neck profile, smaller vintage frets than the new 2023 model I just picked up here. Also I think this new one has a nitro satin finish on the neck, unlike the gloss of my 2019 one.

I was planning on selling the 2019 one. But now I don;t know...hahaha

Last edited:
Congrats! Dig me some Dodgem Blue. Personally I wouldn't do a tort guard, but each their own. I have a guitar that I was on the fence about the tort guard.. swapped to black and ended up going back to tort. Sometimes you just don't know til you try it.

I have one 2022 maple board and one 2019 rosewood board. The 2019 model - different pickups, different neck profile, smaller vintage frets than the new 2023 model I just picked up here. Also I think this new one has a nitro satin finish on the neck, unlike the gloss of my 2019 one.

I have 3 standard 22s with different pups and stuff...no shame there....lol

Congrats! Dig me some Dodgem Blue. Personally I wouldn't do a tort guard, but each their own. I have a guitar that I was on the fence about the tort guard.. swapped to black and ended up going back to tort. Sometimes you just don't know til you try it.
I have two other blue strats (not PRS, Xotic & Fender CS) and they have tort guards. Blue strats with tort guard is my thing.

Looks great - just like mine! I looked for several months for a tungsten one with a nice, dark rosewood board - but finally opted for the Dodgem blue and am very happy with it. The neck is very stable - my only wish would be for a slightly darker neck tint.

I have 3 standard 22s with different pups and stuff...no shame there....lol

I have a silver sky 2019 with a rosewood board. I would like to buy a silver sky with a maple neck. Didnt know specs have changed from 2019.
How different are the two guitars and what would be best production year to purchase

I have a silver sky 2019 with a rosewood board. I would like to buy a silver sky with a maple neck. Didnt know specs have changed from 2019.
How different are the two guitars and what would be best production year to purchase
I think the core maple board ones have been pretty consistent spec wise since they came out. But they have a different neck profile, bigger frets and pickups were tweaked from the 2018/19 ones

Back