NGD - 2016 CE 24 Content

Rich2016

Hey guys

I've been lurking for a long time but haven't really posted...started playing PRS a little over a year ago and just can't stop the GAS lol. Recently I picked up a wood library DGT in black gold wrap but couldn't get along with the pickups for high-gain metal tones (seemed a bit loose and dark, loved them for cleans and medium-gain though); so I sent it in to the PTC to swap in the \m/ pickups, which I have in my floyd 24, and picked up an amber CE 24 to help distract me while I wait.

In short, I think it's a great guitar, particularly considering the price. There are some sacrifices but mostly cosmetic and nothing of notable impact to sound or playability. Even the prs-designed trem operates and sounds fine, which was my biggest concern prior to ordering it "blind". The 85/15 pickups are great too, I think they are similar to the 57/08 in my sc58 but hotter and clearer. The action can be set as low as my other PRSi (as well as my ESPs) without fret buzz and it resonates really well. I'd recommend trying it out if you have the opportunity.

Next is either an S2 or a Private Stock :)

-Rich

Thanks guys. In addition to the CE, I decided to pick up an S2 to give that a try as well...have to say, it's a great guitar and a keeper. I'm going to do something fun to to it, see the last picture.

I might go nuts and send it to the PTC for a black floyd/hardware install, still debating \m/...any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back