NF3 Alert!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Here’s another overpriced sample, shared in case someone just had a windfall of cash. It’s apparent the obscene prices on the other ones on Reverb have made folks think pricing at 10% above brand new is reasonable. Oh well.

I think I’m going to swear off this search for a while.

I don't think new prices have much to do with things once a model has been out of production for a decade. It's more whatever the market is. It's pretty hard to tell what the actual demand is really like, given that there's not exactly a lot of them for sale. I wonder if the Studio model has sold well for PRS the last year or so.

One thing is for sure--patience pays off with things like this. I've been looking for an HXDA for a bit. Saw a combo one for $1,300 early this year, but never got a reply from the seller. For better or worse, that's kind of made it the deal to beat for me.

In case someone in the Cleveland area is looking to buy or trade…

That's the most reasonably priced one I've seen in awhile.
I’m kinda feeling like “I can just add a few hundred an try the brand new NF53.” That’s my leaning at the moment, though I’m hopeful a current Narrowfield model will cause a little cooling off in the NF3 pricing insanity. I‘ve got more time to wait than money to burn, so I’m going to lurk a bit longer and see.

Have to admit, I like what I heard on the NF53 demo videos!

I’m kinda feeling like “I can just add a few hundred an try the brand new NF53.” That’s my leaning at the moment, though I’m hopeful a current Narrowfield model will cause a little cooling off in the NF3 pricing insanity. I‘ve got more time to wait than money to burn, so I’m going to lurk a bit longer and see.

Have to admit, I like what I heard on the NF53 demo videos!
Great demo, for sure. I really like it. But, at the end of the day, the MK is a little more suited to what I play. More of a rock machine. But, it can still twang.

Great demo, for sure. I really like it. But, at the end of the day, the MK is a little more suited to what I play. More of a rock machine. But, it can still twang.
I think it sounds killer! Were I not trying to get a closer match to my NF3, I’d be heading that way… and might anyway before it’s over! The high gain sounds were awesome on the MK, and Alter Bridge nails high gain for me, but I was surprised at how good the clean and edgy sounds were on his sig model. Clear and present, very musical.

I think it sounds killer! Were I not trying to get a closer match to my NF3, I’d be heading that way… and might anyway before it’s over! The high gain sounds were awesome on the MK, and Alter Bridge nails high gain for me, but I was surprised at how good the clean and edgy sounds were on his sig model. Clear and present, very musical.
Completely agree!

When it rains … good price on this one.

(not affiliated)

(not affiliated)
I can get my Brad Gillis on with that one PRS style!:p:D

Here’s another overpriced sample, shared in case someone just had a windfall of cash. It’s apparent the obscene prices on the other ones on Reverb have made folks think pricing at 10% above brand new is reasonable. Oh well.

I think I’m going to swear off this search for a while.
Hmmm , Purple hazel and Birds would be pretty hard to find , yea maybe a bit high but 22-2500 seems about right

Both the red NF3 and SAS look like decent deals. Of course, I’m tapped out on gear money when they arrive, but that’s ok. I’m just glad to see some decent pricing starting to resurface. I’m actually low on cash now because I found some great deals recently… so no complaints here!

(not affiliated)

Gone! That didn't last long. (And no, it wasn't me.)

Back