New to forum & Core PRS - Custom 22 Special Content

TennesseeWhiskee

Good afternoon everybody,

I'm long time guitar player but new to this forum and the Core PRS line. I've owned an S2 Mira and a Silver Sky in the past and while I liked them they ended up getting flipped as I am a serial gear hound. And neither of them motivated me to embrace the greater PRS culture (ie joining the forum).

However, I recently picked up this Custom 22 Special in a local trade and it has made me a believer. I really, really love this guitar and it definitely gets me into the Super Eagle ballpark without dropping 4 grand on a Special Semi Hollow or 12 grand on a legit Super Eagle. In fact I actually prefer having a true single coil in the middle vs the narrowfield, it adds a lot of definition to the in-between sounds and is pretty balanced with the SC245 humbuckers. Also, I think it is a shame that almost all HSH guitar split the humbucker for the 2 & 4 positions as a full humbucker combined with the middle pickup is one of the phatest sounds and I honestly have no idea how I lived without it until now.

8r7z28Y

5Lmq7Nc

1JwVK2r

All that said, I guess I am a PRS guy now. This guitar's tone is so J U I C Y and I mean just look at it. One day I will still buy a PRS Special Semi-Hollow though.

Last thing, anyone have any suggestions about the best way to wire the coil tap so that it doesn't split the coils but instead switches the middle position between middle singlecoil to B&N humbuckers?

That's a hot one! Congrats on becoming a believer, and welcome to the forum!

Back