Windymiller

Follically Challenged
Got this before Christmas, part of a limited edition run for Europe

7err3q2.jpg

oh3zTP0.jpg

MbMLnCC.jpg

spE7de3.jpg

eFDtZHt.jpg

It was great straight out of the box, played out with it as it came after having it only a couple of days.
It is very light and resonant unplugged with lots of sustain. 85/15s pickups are great, except maybe for the split sounds, but early days yet, still experimenting with settings.

I've since re-strung it with a set of 10-46 strings and the tuning is rock steady after only a small amount of nut fettling.

Very pleased so far

I almost wish I held out for one of the newer ones with a trem.... the maple board on yours kinda pushes me to the edge.

If I got down with the blade switch, one of these would undeniably be in my pile. The stoptail one I own sounds ridiculously good considering the price. It’s almost not right.

Beautiful!!
USA Dealers, please place an order for some maple boards for us here in the states!!!! Been waiting years for this to happen, only to be slapped in the face with the “European Market” exclusive...

Got this before Christmas, part of a limited edition run for Europe

7err3q2.jpg

oh3zTP0.jpg

MbMLnCC.jpg

spE7de3.jpg

eFDtZHt.jpg

It was great straight out of the box, played out with it as it came after having it only a couple of days.
It is very light and resonant unplugged with lots of sustain. 85/15s pickups are great, except maybe for the split sounds, but early days yet, still experimenting with settings.

I've since re-strung it with a set of 10-46 strings and the tuning is rock steady after only a small amount of nut fettling.

Very pleased so far

That maple with black birds...mmm that's really, really nice. Congrats!

My main guitar is a core 2013 Custom 24 with 57/08 pups, and I wanted something different but in the same ball park.

This really hits the spot in that respect, it is a different animal tone wise but still versatile enough to be the only guitar I take to a gig.

It's also quite distinctive in the looks department as well, I was drawn to the contrast between the black inlays and the board and also

the body and the board.

Happy days

Beautiful! But all these limited editions are just kinda mean, right? Wallets groan...

Er... I’m confused, though. isn’t that a lefty truss-rod cover?

Beautiful, even the zebra pups complements the look of black birds on maple board.
Congrats and play the heck out of her.

I'm listening....

Can I like this more than once? In all seriousness, I would be willing to put down a deposit, and anyone else who is serious so we can get this going!! Also, not to keep pushing.....but maybe in some really cool solid colors & gold hardware! Hasn’t been done on an SE in a while (gold hardware) and imagine what that maple board $ birds would look like on a white body w/ gold hardware, or a baby blue, or a shell pink?!?!?! Those would sell like hot cakes... but what do I know!

Can I like this more than once? In all seriousness, I would be willing to put down a deposit, and anyone else who is serious so we can get this going!! Also, not to keep pushing.....but maybe in some really cool solid colors & gold hardware! Hasn’t been done on an SE in a while (gold hardware) and imagine what that maple board $ birds would look like on a white body w/ gold hardware, or a baby blue, or a shell pink?!?!?! Those would sell like hot cakes... but what do I know!

Besides the maple necks, I'd love to see some of the European limited edition colors on this side of the pond as well, i.e.-Bay Bridge Blue, Cola Metallic, Metallic Orange, Saphire Blue, Royal Blue Metallic and of course Purple Burst! I'll start saving my $$$ now...

I agree!! Have you seen our recent WL run of Cu24's? They are pretty much exactly that but without gold hardware.

The only tough part of custom SE runs is we have to run 50 at a time... so if we wanted shell pink, I would have to order 50 shell pink guitars... as much as I love shell pink, thats a lot of guitars.

I have a couple things on the drawing board, love your gold hardware idea, I'll add it to that (really big) drawing board. :)

Back