New range of PRS SE Standards

I'd certainly expect that range to be restricted to China only, plenty of manufacturers have stock restricted to certain locations, & generally it doesn't make it to the wider market, though of course there will always be some selling items online from dubious sources.

From what I could see, the QC issue trumped the nice colours; you can live with a colour that's not your first choice, but a factory flaw in a new instrument; not exactly what PRS are known for!

I expect someone will have some ;splainin' to do about the quality of the instruments in that Youtube clip!

I can imagine that the distributors and dealers outside of China will not be happy if a sizeable demographic prefers to import these versions over the plain looking models we have been offered hitherto, and who knows, they could even turn out to be cheaper. I think the QC issue was just unfortunate and nothing we should be too concerned about although the nominee deemed to be responsible for this deserves a good hard whack across the bare buttocks with each guitar found to be substandard for sure!

Of course there's a good chance they're not genuine, just knock offs with a bit of a legit look. Henning's only human, & I'd expect if PRS were really putting out SE's that looked like that we'd hear about it via their website first, not from some reviewer on Youtube, even if they were only available only the Asian market as a test run.

Yes, I hinted that they could be fake earlier in this thread. The QC issues could in someway support this thought perhaps. Interesting also that there was no distributor/representative to discuss these guitars with Henning on camera whereas the guys from Blackstar were only too happy to show and talk about their wares. That said, Henning is no fool. He just acts the part and I think he would know if they were not genuine.

This new line is called the SE Standard MT. You can discover more and watch Paul Smith talk about them here.

http://www.prsguitars.com/china/

Back