new prs se sliver sky

mapletop

i just changed strings,and man they were stuck in the trem block.anybody else have this problem?i had to run a thick string down just to unblock the string.

Happens with the other SEs too, but that's a different trem, not sure if they share blocks?

Last edited:
Looks like a similar block to a regular SE to me. same thing happens me with the strings. Hate it. one day I'll check to see if they are the same space as SE blocks. If so I'll go manmade eventually.

So I looked at a regular SE trem block. Looks the same to me. String spacing appeared to line up. Set screws appeared the same. Just not sure on the tremolo arm. Maybe I’ll call John mann to confirm but I suspect his steel trem block would fit fine. If so that’s a no brainer upgrade for me. Easy and a Better block.

Actually I stand corrected. The trem block is NOT the same as other SEs. The SS SE block is wider as a whole. So there goes idea of a MannMade fitting (at least currently). When I get a chance I’ll compare to some fenders trem blocks to see if they come close. Have a feeling they won’t.

Looks like a similar block to a regular SE to me. same thing happens me with the strings. Hate it. one day I'll check to see if they are the same space as SE blocks. If so I'll go manmade eventually.
John Mann put the all brass Mann Made bridge On my SE Santana I bought from his store, The Guitar Vault…( his store is close by, for better or worse:p). What a difference in tone from crap steel to brass… big difference in a very good way. Warmer highs, smoother but not dull, more articulate, more sustain, just more Mojo…. installed some PRS 245 pickups.. what a guitar

Back