New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up!

In an effort to prevent certain types of spammers, new users will be prevented from using Private Messaging and having custom signatures associated with your posts. After you've participated in the forum (10 posts), all normal functionality will be open to you, so quit lurking!

Hi, I also just joined. Thank you for the welcome notice. Bought my first PRS 3 months ago (PRS Custom 24, Black Gold Burst finish). It's one of my best guitars.

Hello all! I have been playing PRS guitars off and on since the late 90's. I quit playing for nearly a decade (god knows why) but have come back into the fray strongly. I am playing an SC 245 through an HXDA amp that I am head over heels in love with! However, I am looking everywhere for a solid, not slotted stop tailpiece for my sc 245. I prefer to wrap the strings through and over. (To me it means increased sustain and I play slide a lot!) Anyone know of one? Or how to obtain one? Thanks much! I have been lurking the forums and have learned tons already!

Hello all! I have been playing PRS guitars off and on since the late 90's. I quit playing for nearly a decade (god knows why) but have come back into the fray strongly. I am playing an SC 245 through an HXDA amp that I am head over heels in love with! However, I am looking everywhere for a solid, not slotted stop tailpiece for my sc 245. I prefer to wrap the strings through and over. (To me it means increased sustain and I play slide a lot!) Anyone know of one? Or how to obtain one? Thanks much! I have been lurking the forums and have learned tons already!

Hey there, welcome to the Forum! I know this isn't what you're looking for, but you may want to have a look at the MannMade 2300. Most of us that have installed one seem to think that a little added sustain, and note clarity is the result. YMMV!

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/MannMade_USA_Intonatable_Stoptail_Bridge_Assembly_p/2300.htm

I should clarify that my PRS sports the 2 piece bridge system. So it is just a plain old solid tailpiece I cannot seem to find. Thanks everyone!

I should clarify that my PRS sports the 2 piece bridge system. So it is just a plain old solid tailpiece I cannot seem to find. Thanks everyone!
Is one like this what you are looking for.
CK_108BlueGrassBodyAAA.JPG

Beautiful guitar! But alas, no it isn't. It is just the tailpiece itself. Like on an sg or les paul. The bridge on my guitar is lovely, but I don't care too much for the slotted tailpiece. It's just something ingrained in me to set them up a specific way. Check out pics of Duane Allmans old les paul and you can see what I mean.

Beautiful guitar! But alas, no it isn't. It is just the tailpiece itself. Like on an sg or les paul. The bridge on my guitar is lovely, but I don't care too much for the slotted tailpiece. It's just something ingrained in me to set them up a specific way. Check out pics of Duane Allmans old les paul and you can see what I mean.
I contacted a machine shop to manufacture a one off for me, but great googly-moogly do they want a fortune to do it!

I contacted a machine shop to manufacture a one off for me, but great googly-moogly do they want a fortune to do it!

You may want to try Killer Guitar Components. I had them make me a brass neck plate for a CE24. Different size and hole placing than a Strat. If I remember right, they charged me the same price as their stock plates.

Hi everybody,

here is Fabrizio from Italy.
Lucky owner of 2 PRS since 2008.
1st was Custom 24 Amber
2nd was a Swamp Ash Special NF purchased in 2010.
Both are amazing guitars with different tones and solutions.
Still unbelievable how middle pick-up of my SAS sounds so cool by itself....never found a guitar were middle pick-up was so interesting by itself.

Hello all,
New member here from London. Don't have a PRS...yet. But that should change in the next few weeks ;) My nutty backstory is that I come from a bass background, but got back into guitar about a year ago. TBH, I never cared to own a PRS and only first touched an SE about a month or so ago. I've never even bought a 'new' guitar ever for myself. But I knew that all _had_ to change a couple weeks ago when I saw that video of the reclaimed series! I absolutely just fell for that vela, my reaction to it was unreal. Fast forward and now I'm expecting one in the coming weeks. Fun times...

Hello! Thank you for allowing me to join this forum! I am new to the PRS fold. I have been an avid Gibson Les Paul player for years, but due to the weight switched to strats. Just wasn't getting the sound so I thought I would try a PRS.... Wow! I'm a believer. Now I own and play a Santana, Bernie Marsden (which I love and don't care where it's made) and a singlecut SE. Sold two of my old Les Pauls to find the change!!!!! So happy

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading posts here for a while and just ordered my first PRS, a Reclaimed limited S2 Vela. It should be here in a few days and I made the decision on it in part from reading everyone here's glowing reviews of them so thanks for running a great resource.
-Jim

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading posts here for a while and just ordered my first PRS, a Reclaimed limited S2 Vela. It should be here in a few days and I made the decision on it in part from reading everyone here's glowing reviews of them so thanks for running a great resource.
-Jim

Hey, Jim, welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your first! Waiting for mine too! BTW, great first name. I should know ;)

Back