New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Been playing guitar since I was 10, I am now 60, and have never tried a PRS that's why I'm here. To learn what to buy.

Well here's my problem. Dodge City Kansas has a population for roughly 28,000. One music store that has nothing but Ibanez G10's. To get all my guitars I had to buy off FeeBay or Order them Online. Last time just to make sure I got a least one good Les Paul I bought two Les Paul Standard Premium Plus in Heritage Cherry Burst just so I could pick the best and sell the other.

Well here's my problem. Dodge City Kansas has a population for roughly 28,000. One music store that has nothing but Ibanez G10's. To get all my guitars I had to buy off FeeBay or Order them Online. Last time just to make sure I got a least one good Les Paul I bought two Les Paul Standard Premium Plus in Heritage Cherry Burst just so I could pick the best and sell the other.

Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip.

Really.

You need to play a few to narrow your choices.

Start your search here:

http://prsguitars.com/dealers/index.php

Yeah, sounds like you need to get the heck out of Dodge! ;-)

I recall Mass Street Music in Lawrence being super nice (disclaimer, this was like 25 years ago but it looks like it's still open), but that's practically the same as driving to KC, OKC, or Denver for ya.

DC- Look at Sweetwater Music. Google for the website, and check out their Guitar Gallery. I have purchased from them.

Hola Admin, from the Old Pueblo!
I had a nice Ibanez AR and was thinking that something with a slightly longer scale would better suit my grip and stubby sausage fingers. I saw the S2 on Sweetwater and made the investment, and have fallen in love with this cherry burst single cut semi hollow. The Ibanez ruined me on the tonal range for other guitars, and I ended up hot rodding the S2 by going for super hot bare knuckle pickups in the mule for the neck and an emerald in the bridge that I rotated around during installation. Then I put in 4 bourns push pulls to give parallel or single coil and reverse phasing. She sounds so sweet and far surpasses the Ibanez, and with the comfy curves & red color, I had to name her Ann Margaret.

Hello admin.
Long time lurker (and owner - had an '89 Custom since 1991.
Just recently picked up a Custom 22 Artist pack in a trade with a view to selling onwards. Made the mistake of playing it (for 4 hours straight) and now I'm torn. It honestly outplays my '89.

:) thanks! I have been trying them. feel up and down. feel a bit frustrated with the prices of usa models but i appreciate the guitars go through a lot of quality control.
like the Nigel avatar - wait, i think that is Nigel from Spinal Tap

I'm a long time fan, D'Addario employee and former owner. I no longer have an electric gig and sold my Custom 22 a few years back. I'll probably regret that soon enough.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up!

In an effort to prevent certain types of spammers, new users will be prevented from using Private Messaging and having custom signatures associated with your posts. After you've participated in the forum (10 posts), all normal functionality will be open to you, so quit lurking!

Thanks for the heads up! ^^^V""V^^^

Back