New member & NGD

RickD67

Hello I just joined the forum today and thought I'd show you all my new SE. I 've had just the LP for awhile and figured it was time for some tremolo action. I am liking the SE so far but it just doesn't sound quite as good as the LP on the high gain stuff, maybe its just my ears. Heres some pics, the amp is my Randall 5 watt RVC.

2afctx2.jpg

2e4mf61.jpg

scfecx.jpg

etf8zp.jpg

Welcome on board the fun ship PRS. Nice color choice for your first one.

Nice one!

I've found that a lot of my guitars don't sound just right when they're new, make some adjustments to your pickup height, and adjust the pole piece screws to match the radius. Brings out a lot of fullness and definition.

Enjoy it!

Plus there's the amp, cab, pedals, etc. which don't sound equally good with every guitar, especially on the same settings.

I'm sure it took some time to find the settings the OP liked best with his LP, and the same will probable be true with the SE. :)

Welcome Rick, that's a nice looking Custom you've got there... my favorite PRS model :)

That's a Joe Perry LP isn't it? I owned the first JP sig Gibson put out way back in the late '90s... Here's a pic I found of it with one of my cats...
patchu.jpg

The cat's a lot older now (and so am I)... I hope yours is lighter than my old one was; it weighed in at nearly 12 lbs!! I couldn't handle it for more than half a set... Does yours have that "cocked wah" sweeping tone pot they put in the old ones for the bridge pickup? that feature was a lot of fun... Coincidentally, I'm traded that guitar toward my first PRS, a Custom 24 that weighed substantially less than 12 lbs...

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your new SE!!

That boneyard has hotter pups I'd imagine. I've always been a LP fan until...

Back