New McCarty Owner

Paint Can

I've had GAS for a PRS ever since Alex Lifeson started using them. Decades later, the moons have aligned and after weeks of trying different models I settled on this:

IMG_20131027_095345.jpg

The McCarty in terms of feel/sound is an amalgamation/middle-ground to all of my current guitars - LP, Strat and Acoustic (neck size). It is very easy to pick up after playing any of my other instruments. I love the tone of the 57/08 pickups. The only thing I found surprising is that they hum in hum-bucking mode (even worse when split). My LP is dead quiet and the Strat is tolerable pending on the direction I'm facing. Is the hum typical of 57/08 pickups?

Regardless, I love the McCarty and I look forward to learning from this community with the hopes of being able to offer something in return once I've gotten more familiar with the McCarty and PRS as a company.

Cheers!

Welcome. I've got three guitars with 57/08s and they are all very quiet, even when tapped.

Wow - I just plugged in my Modern Eagle 25th Anniversary with 57/08 and my pickups also hum! I don't know what to do. I have about 2 weeks left on a GC return, but I love the action and looks of this guitar. The 57's are very bright - brighter than my 2001 PRS 24 with ??? PUP?s Any advice?

Congrats on the McCarty, sweet guitars...I've been enjoying mine for the last 13 years!

That's a real beauty, congrats!

I have the 57/08s on my CU22 and don't have any noise issues, even when split. Could be something wrong or might be environmental issues.

I think the MC58s are my favs of the McCarty models as they have the 57/08s AND the latest locking tuners instead of the vintage klusen style.

I have seen a number of these at incredible prices. They are hard to pass on that is for sure!

Back