New Bridge for CE 24

Erock

Hello! I just replaced my CE 24 bridge with a gen II with brass block. I love it but I'm wonder if there would be a reason that my trem would be more stiff. It was very smooth and took little force to use the arm with the last bridge. Any ideas?

Hello! I just replaced my CE 24 bridge with a gen II with brass block. I love it but I'm wonder if there would be a reason that my trem would be more stiff. It was very smooth and took little force to use the arm with the last bridge. Any ideas?
Does it stay in tune? Using same number of springs?

Stays in tune and has the same amount of springs. Could the angle of the arm make it feel less sensitive?
I wouldn't think so. Arm LENGTH might.

Did you have to put the claw in a different position than before? Screw it tighter to body or farther away from the body?

If its the newer version on the ce24 then that would have had a steel block. I've not seen the steel block version but maybe there is a weight difference?

Thank you! The weight difference from steel to brass is probably it! It's not hard to move but it's different to the point of it being noticeable. You are a scholar my friend. It was a great deal heavier

The core springs may be stiffer. You can see if the original springs fit and test the feel from there. Or try three of the core springs; that was my preference when I had core
Is it safe to put a spring in the middle post on the claw? The ground is there

Is it safe to put a spring in the middle post on the claw? The ground is there
As long as you are not putting it on the wire itself. You don't want the spring pressure to break the wire.

The DGT uses 5 springs. I would have to look in the back of mine to see if they soldered the ground to a different spot for that but from memory, I think it is still connected in that general area.

Yeah, the wire is directly below the claw, doesn't look like it would break but the spring would be close to if not touching.

Back