Need Pedal Help!

JHeavey12

Alright so I have a dual rectifier and a Blackstar ID30 which i use the 6L6 + OD1 settings for. I need a compressor pedal cause while both the actualy 6L6 tubes and the emulated on are awesome, the low end needs some tightening up. Any suggestions? I play a lot of Alter Bridge as a reference.

Also anyone else with an ID amp use other non-ISFFootswitch pedals on their Blackstar?

Thanks for all the help!

I have a Marshall dsl40c and wasn't getting what I wanted out of it. Pushing the gain up just made it flubby or brittle. I've done the c19 clip mod to it which helped but couldn't get into hard rock or metal territory without it sounding horrible. Today I picked up a regular ol boss sd-1 and using it as a dirty boost and it's awesome. Tight and articulate with insane amounts of gain on tap. It has a bit of compression to it but not an insane amount.

Hi JHeavey12, I would like to recommend either the Barber Tone Press Compressor or the
Wampler Ego Comp, both are nice and the best for compressor use.
Hollywoody

I have a Keeley Comp (2 knob) on my guitar board and it seems to really help improve the tone, (it smooths everything out...)and stays on all the time. I also have a Demeter on my bass board , chosen due to the very high output Spector basses, and the same goes for them.

Back