SIlver Sky output too high on a pedal and causes distort?

Buffers and impedance matching would be a good topic for another thread. I don't think any of the pedals on my board are buffered. I have 8 pedals on the board. I typically use a Shure wireless. I am sure that is pushing a buffered signal. However, when reconfiguring my board this past weekend, I swapped out half of the pedals, I was testing with a cable. I then hooked the wireless up and wasn't sure I liked what it was doing to my tone. I have used wirelesses for a long, long time. I have always dialed the amp and pedals in with them to get what I wanted from them. What I was noticing is that I was getting much better pick response with the cable. This may very well push me to going back to a cable. I will have to see how I feel in a band context.

I know I shouldn't care anymore at this point, as the OP seems to have lost interest, lol. But one thing does seem odd. Only the SS is having this issue, correct? Lower output single coil pickups. Somehow, it's the interaction with this guitar, and the BD-2. So it may not be anything related to either/both buffers at all. One would think, if a humbucker guitar plugged in is fine, then it's not the BD-2. So maybe it is the SS then? Tis a mystery.
No harm in us discussing things after an OP bails. I agree with you that the issue he had is a bit strange.

No harm in us discussing things after an OP bails. I agree with you that the issue he had is a bit strange.
I found out what the problem was, when I used my tube screamer into my Blues Driver, there was this distorted sound (not from the pedal). When I put the Blues Driver first and then the tube screamer, the issue went away. I did not have this issue with my 594 or my Fender Strat. It was very strange that this issue occurred, but it has been rectified.

I found out what the problem was, when I used my tube screamer into my Blues Driver, there was this distorted sound (not from the pedal). When I put the Blues Driver first and then the tube screamer, the issue went away. I did not have this issue with my 594 or my Fender Strat. It was very strange that this issue occurred, but it has been rectified.
How are you running the tube screamer?

Back