Need new pickups….

Dimebag11

Hey everyone,

Looking to swap the 58/15LTs in a Custom 24 Fatback for something more aggressive and cutting. I play high gain and palm mute a ton. Love the \m/ in my P22, but would like a different flavor.

Should I be looking at a 59/09? Or a Tremonti?

I have both and they both rock. I don't have the \m/ to say one way or another but they are very high regarded around here. I came close to using a \m/ in the bridge of my KL33 but ended up going covered 5909 instead. Another option is the DW tomahawks. Excellent pickups.

Tremonti bridge is more, but I still find it versatile. I like the neck alot too. The 5909 is A2 magnet and Tremonti is listed as custom, but I always thought it was ceramic. Guess not and I don't know what custom is.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Looking to swap the 58/15LTs in a Custom 24 Fatback for something more aggressive and cutting. I play high gain and palm mute a ton. Love the \m/ in my P22, but would like a different flavor.

Should I be looking at a 59/09? Or a Tremonti?
Are they the Multi Tap version? Your 58/15's. Also, if you're talking about Bass pickups, I would suggest the PRS 57/08. I have it installed on my CU24 paired with a Tremonti Treble and it's a really great combo.

Love the \m/ 57/08 combo as well as the \m/ 85/15 combo.

After adjusting the pickup height a bit and turning the gain up on my amp, I’ll me keeping the 58/15LTs in there.

Back