Need help with wiring PRS SE Soapbar...

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
I just got this guitar used a couple of days ago. I like it but I'm not sure if the wiring has been altered.

It seems to have a white shielded cable added to the pickup cable to extend the length so it can reach the switch.

If someone has one and feels like taking a look at the control cavity of theirs and comparing it to this photo, I'd appreciate the help.

Also, this guitar really hums alot. When I put my fingers on the strings it doesn't stop.

Can't hear the hum when I play, but when playing it's noisy as heck and I have to turn the volume pot all the way down to silence it.

It's been awhile since I've had a guitar with single coil P90's, but my Strats and my Silver Sky are not this noisy.

The ground wire that is attached to the bridge does appear to be intact. But putting my fingers on the strings doesn't stop the hum.

I figured it out. I bought the guitar used.

The pickups have been replaced with Gibson P90's.

Apparently one of the leads was too short to reach the switch so a previous owner added some cable to one of the pickup leads.

I kind of suspected they were not the original Korean PRS P90's because when they are combined they are not humcancelling.

So they hum in all three switch positions.

But boy...do they sound GOOD!

Back