NBD Livingston Lemondrop GG4

JWillis

I've been a fan of PRS guitars for awhile and been to the PRS experience a few times..
I've been waiting for a PRS bass that matched the standards of the PRS guitars..
I am a working bassist for 25 years and have owned/played nearly every bass that has hit the market. I have to say the quality of the GG4 exceeds the quality of it's marketplace competition.
Spector, Sadowsky, MTD basses.. don't come close to the PRS GG4 and most of them are nearly 2x the price as well.

The preamp in the GG4 is a work of art.. I was glad to know that it wasn't another Aguilar re-labled preamp or Bartolini.
The active mode is incredible and the tonal spectrum is wide and very useful. I am a longtime passive player, and the passive setting of the GG4 is nothing short of mind blowing to me... Unparalleled clarity from the pickups and a focused midrange that sits perfectly in the mix.
I play on a cruise boat 6 nights a week.. and in the week I have had it... it has seen many hours of playtime.. My bandmates, crew and passengers have nothing but great things to say about the GG4's looks and sound.

I honestly feel I play better just picking it up.. my drummer told me the first night that I sounded "smoother" and I would agree.. Paul Reed Smith and Gary Grainger have just redefined the look, sound and feel of the modern electric bass.. and I am probably the proudest bassist on the planet right now....

Thanks for listening guys...

JWillis

Man those basses are just beautiful! Glad to hear more reports on here, don't see much posting from bassists! :D

That is one sexy beast. How do they compare to Warwick ,German line ?

Back