Narrowfield/NFMK/NFDD

Stephen J.

There are three versions of the Narrowfield pickups in current production guitars. The version in the Studio and Special Semi-Hollow models, the Myles Kennedy version, and the Deep Dish version in the NF53.

Do you think they will continue with all three versions, or do you think the Studio and Special will likely be updated to one of the newer versions?

I haven’t run across a Studio in a store to see what I think of it, but from what I have heard in videos, I would think either of these newer versions of the NF pickups would work well in it.

Would you like to see an updated Studio or Special, or keep things as they are?

If there’s one truism that applies to all things PRS, it would be “If it sells, it stays. If not, no matter how good it is, it’s history.”

Time will tell on what will be used where. The original Narrowfield of the NF3 found its way into several core and higher models. It’s a great pickup; very versatile. The pickups in the MK and NF53 could pop up in other models, including those currently housing the OG NF. Only Paul knows for sure.

The above post is right. I did think the NF53 iteration sounds great though. I'll go against the grain and say I actually was never wowed by the narrowfield in the special 22 so one of the newer designs would be preferable. Just me.

No idea but the ones in my Studio frikkin slay.
Yep. They’re killer in the NF3, and they were even in the Private Stock Super Eagle… no doubt that they’re great pickups. But nothing suits everyone, so maybe these newer versions will fill that void while retaining that Narrowfield versatility. Seems I’ll have to buy one eventually. For scientific purposes, you understand.

Back