NAD: Let's Get HEAVY!

geese_com

GJ is The Way
I've actually had this for a couple weeks, but have been too lazy to post a NAD thread.

Loving this amp and it works very well with the band I am currently in. It is a nice contrast to my Rhodes Colossus.

Rock-n-fuggin'-roll, Gian! That's a super-hottie. :rock: Congratulations bro.

Very Cool .funny I actually just sold my Rhodes Gemini so i am curious how this compares as i am strongly considering and Archon 50 head . We are playing some Shinedown ,Pop evil and i think it would be a killer for that

Very Cool .funny I actually just sold my Rhodes Gemini so i am curious how this compares as i am strongly considering and Archon 50 head . We are playing some Shinedown ,Pop evil and i think it would be a killer for that

This might sound weird but the Archon is similar but different than my Rhodes Colossus. Similar in that they are both very capable of high gain sounds. Different in that the Colossus has so many options that are available at the touch of a footswitch button compared to two readily available sounds on the Archon. I like amps with lots of options so the Archon is a real departure for me. Sure you can probably get different levels of gain/distortion using the volume knob on your guitar, but that is really hard for me to do on the fly while playing in the middle of a song. The Archon clean channel is excellent and "big". Reminds me of a Mesa type clean channel. The Colossus clean is very nice but not as big, just as good in a different way.

Welcome to the club!

I blame you as the reason I got an Archon :box:

A very interesting pairing.
I think jfb and I might need to visit them and help you build a fort.

You and jfb are more than welcome to visit! I think with 3 heads and 3 cabs, I am well on my way to fort territory.

Congrats! What type of band are you using this in, covers or originals?

We play covers of bands like Metallica, Volbeat, Shinedown, Live, Godsmack, Green Day, Alice In Chains, etc.

Beautiful! The Archon is a fantastic amp, and perfect for the kind of material that you list...

We play covers of bands like Metallica, Volbeat, Shinedown, Live, Godsmack, Green Day, Alice In Chains, etc.

Nice! Right up my alley. :rock:

One of the cover bands I'm in play BFMV, APC, Statix X, White Zombie, Chevelle, Sevendust, etc. The Archon is well suited for all of these groups we cover! Here is shameless plug of a gig we had this fall. :flute:

Last edited by a moderator:
This might sound weird but the Archon is similar but different than my Rhodes Colossus. Similar in that they are both very capable of high gain sounds. Different in that the Colossus has so many options that are available at the touch of a footswitch button compared to two readily available sounds on the Archon. I like amps with lots of options so the Archon is a real departure for me. Sure you can probably get different levels of gain/distortion using the volume knob on your guitar, but that is really hard for me to do on the fly while playing in the middle of a song. The Archon clean channel is excellent and "big". Reminds me of a Mesa type clean channel. The Colossus clean is very nice but not as big, just as good in a different way.

Not weird at all . there was another guy on rig talk that had a Rhodes Artemis and the Archon , he said same thing

He said with bright on and mids up the gain structure and voicing reminded him a lot lead one on the Rhodes but at the same time Archon could get more modern low mid punch ,so thats cool .

like I mentioned for the Shinedown ,Godsmack ,Hinder ,Theory stuff we play I think the Archon is likely to be a better fit.

I also love that it just a simple 2 channel no bells whistles but also the compact size

your right on Mesa clean when i tried it I thought Lonestar/Bogner Uber twin jet

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Nice pickup, Gian! Welcome to the club!

I've been playing my Archon probably 85-90% of the time, clean and dirty. Just a great sounding amp. It should be great for the material you're playing.

Back