N277D

Wish I'd had a crystal ball a year ago. For years I waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited for a PRS baritone other than the MM. Finally gave up and built one from parts. This one being semi hollow with a carved top really checks more of the right boxes for me.

I think the MM was mainly offered in burst finishes. That is one of the things that didn't resonate with me.

You never go bridge to bridge!!!!! I think that's it - maybe it's something else...

Looks great, sir - got me thinking about trying to track one of these down to try.

I still have my MM, bought in 2009. While I'm not really a silverburst kind of guy, at least it's not neon green or hot pink or something. I bought it not really sure if I was going to be doing anything with it, but our band has probably 10 or 11 songs written now using the baritone so it's a must have. I wanted to upgrade, but there's so little to choose from out there. So I pulled the trigger on a parts build in the absence of a PRS product, only to have them come out with something that looks much nicer than the MM less than a year later.

You never go bridge to bridge!!!!! I think that's it - maybe it's something else...

Looks great, sir - got me thinking about trying to track one of these down to try.

I called Jack Gretz on Wednesday and had the guitar today.... One day shipping to him from PRS, one day shipping to me.

He's a speedy guy!

I still have my MM, bought in 2009. While I'm not really a silverburst kind of guy, at least it's not neon green or hot pink or something. I bought it not really sure if I was going to be doing anything with it, but our band has probably 10 or 11 songs written now using the baritone so it's a must have. I wanted to upgrade, but there's so little to choose from out there. So I pulled the trigger on a parts build in the absence of a PRS product, only to have them come out with something that looks much nicer than the MM less than a year later.
See, if there was a neon green PRS, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Not even joking

GAS filling up now... very sweet guitar I love everything about it.

Super-tasty, Ruger!

Now you can say that yours is longer than, uh, yours...I guess.

These do sound amazing from the clips. Looking forward to the tone report...

This is definitely going to be my next guitar. The Chapman video made it sound amazing, as did the PRS promo video.

As an aside, I noticed that the truss rod cover doesn't have the PRS logo on it, while you're older SE Cu22 does. The 277 in the Chapman video had it, and I've noticed recently that it seems to be hit or miss. What determines which SE models get the PRS logo and which ones don't? Is it a USA vs EU thing?

How did I miss this thread?

Fantastic guitar! Love the guitar, the P-90s, the whole deal is great! Sweet and congrats!!

Back