Myrtlewood...

My Myrtlewood Patrick James Eggle.
i-GPjKHQf-XL.jpg

i-x4HrhMt-X2.jpg

I have a one of 10 Myrtlewood Mandolin from Weber "the Metolious " great tone and nice figure . Warmer than maple
Hmm, that does not help my GAS. (or MAS?)

I play mando - it is my second instrument in the band. I almost bought a PRS PS Mandolin, but couldn't justify the price and knowing I'd be hesitant to play it out - my gigging mando is a relatively cheap one (about $600 new?) that plays good enough for my fingers - it is a Chinese made instrument using the brand-name "The Loar" (yeah, not that "The Loar"). In retrospect, I wish I bought that PRS Mandolin...

Anyway, back to Webers:

My bandmates got me into playing mando by loaning me one of their Weber mandolins (worth far more than what I play now). So I appreciate the quality of the instruments, and that particular Myrtlewood Mando sounds fabulous...

the port orford cedar and myrtle make for a much warmer sound
So...I started watching the video, noticed it was from 2019, so probably not reflective of what is available today, so decided to go to the company's website...and they have no Webers in stock...maybe they got dropped as a distributor? Weird.

Anyway, PRS should make more mandolins. There, some PRS content.

Myrtlewood can be exceptionally beautiful. Here is the back of my Thorn from some burl I took to Ron:

The first Myrtlewood PRS was made for me from a billet I took to Paul years ago. I don’t have the guitar any longer, but maybe I can find a pic.
I came back for a second look.

That's a beautiful guitar. What's the front look like?

Myrtlewood is the first wood I've heard in an acoustic guitar that sounds great for both the top, as well as the back and sides.

I don't like all mahogany guitars although some people do. I find them a little dull and lifeless.

But Myrtlewood sounds awesome in the Breedloves I've played.

And Breedlove regards it as a renewable wood source.

Must grow fast?

Back