My turn....I did a thing... (Now with upgrades!)

1GI6uEA.jpg

3JL2EQT.jpg

6y4pRl0.jpg

You know what's crazy?..I like the pickups in this guitar. I mean I am definitely going to tear into it at some point because that's what I do :) But realistically it needs nothing after a decent setup. Another great SE, they are starting to multiply. Maybe a DGT next :D

Happy Father's Day all. It's bitter sweet for us we lost my dad and my wifes dad this year. But it's good, they were great men and lived great and happy lives and we remember them for all they taught us and left us. :)

Ok guitar stuff...
So this week I did some updates including a Mann Made bridge upgrade kit which really changed the character and gave the guitar more balls. Then I had this set of Dragon II's lying around wo I figure what the heck let me try them...and they sound pretty good and showed me that even though the stock pickups are ok, it can be a lot better. I still haven't changed out the wiring harness yet, mostly because the stock electronics and soldering etc on this one seem very good (unlike my SE 594 which was a mess). I will probably get around to that over the next week or two as time permits and I have an opening on my bench (very busy at the moment).

Here are some pics:

Mann bridge kit...
RhcZxP1.jpg

krcbT29.jpg

62ymP4Z.jpg

PsTb2sU.jpg

Dragon II's...
m8TPTfi.jpg

G1xa2K5.jpg

2iqFHQw.jpg

I also installed a set of Hipshot Grip-Lock tuners, my favorite...

Hipshots:
nEAPVk9.jpg

Life is good, enjoy!
Frank
:)

I mean this guitar absolutely rips! The D2’s sound pretty good once I got them adjusted. I don’t know if I will keep them forever but for now they are good, nice and fat with a nice jangle on top. This a lot of guitar for right around $1000 all in. BTW Dave’s sent me the missing trem arm so all good! Now I am eyeballing a Silver Sky SE lol. Problem is I already have like 10 Strats including my #1 that I built for myself a while back. Will a SS fit into the harem? Yeah I already know the answer haha.

I mean this guitar absolutely rips! The D2’s sound pretty good once I got them adjusted. I don’t know if I will keep them forever but for now they are good, nice and fat with a nice jangle on top. This a lot of guitar for right around $1000 all in. BTW Dave’s sent me the missing trem arm so all good! Now I am eyeballing a Silver Sky SE lol. Problem is I already have like 10 Strats including my #1 that I built for myself a while back. Will a SS fit into the harem? Yeah I already know the answer haha.
Did the bridge upgrade make a big difference? Eyeing one up for my SE DGT...

Did the bridge upgrade make a big difference? Eyeing one up for my SE DGT...
Absolutely. I did the same mod on my S2 and in both cases it was a great upgrade. Incidentally you can buy a new MannMade bridge which I believe are solid brass, plate, block, screws, saddles. I kept the SE bridge because the plate and screws are steel and I like the combination of steel + brass. If I were building this guitar from scratch however I would go with the full-on MannMade bridge no question.

Someone needs to buy this...I DO NOT need another guitar!! :D :D :D

Back