My son

gush

Where is that speedo pic
11-11-19 was my sons birthday. Quentin is now 16 and can legally drive by himself. OMG!!!

I think we've prepared him fairly well but man does this make me nervous!

He got a school permit early on as he is in band and needs to be there before school starts. We got him a well used Grand Am to drive and he seems to be doing pretty well.

Wife and I celebrate 17 years of marriage in November as well so we are driving g to Des Moines saturday and catching a flight to San Diego for a few short days then immediately when we get back I'm going to Indiana for a new truck scale install. It's a concrete deck so we will set it and wire it up but come back in a couple weeks to calibrate it and place it in service once the concrete cures.

Once all that is over I think I'll have some breathing room save for projects I didn't get done this summer.

Good news is I'm about to increase my herd by one. Oh yeah Baby!!!!

Yes, @gush , enjoy the trip to San Diego and congrats on the anniversary. We went the very traumatic experience of two sons getting the learners' permits/drivers' licenses and ultimately leaving the nest so I appreciate what you are going through. Nervous times no question.

Hmmmmm??? "driving g to Des Moines"??? Neighbor to the east? Does this mean we need to discuss some sort of wager on a certain Big 10 game November 29? Perhaps a gift card to Hamburg Inn #2 on the line;):D

But back to other important stuff when are we going to get more details about "increasing the herd by one"?

Yes, @gush , enjoy the trip to San Diego and congrats on the anniversary. We went the very traumatic experience of two sons getting the learners' permits/drivers' licenses and ultimately leaving the nest so I appreciate what you are going through. Nervous times no question.

Hmmmmm??? "driving g to Des Moines"??? Neighbor to the east? Does this mean we need to discuss some sort of wager on a certain Big 10 game November 29? Perhaps a gift card to Hamburg Inn #2 on the line;):D

But back to other important stuff when are we going to get more details about "increasing the herd by one"?
I live in SE Iowa. I don't follow any sports BUT I'll bet a pack of strings on the team you don't pick. Lol

Oh about the herd.......I don't post pics much anymore so it's a green burst Hello Kitty with a piezo.

Not really...2 hours. Terre Haute is right on the Illinois/Indiana border, so a straight shot north to the ChiTown guys! Enjoy getting your new fiddle!

You have to be careful in towns along the Indiana border. There are lots of undesirable things going on in Indiana, such as music gear “sales engineers” trying to entice young people to get into gear addiction by offering them free candy.

Not to mention the plethora of firecracker “dens” and camper van conversion chop shops.

Michigan is planning to put up a Hoosier infiltration wall along the Indiana border, made entirely of recycled orange road repair barrels.

Last edited:
OK. I'll take Nebraska. At some point pm me your address. I just as well start printing up the address label now:mad::rolleyes:. Any particular brand of strings?;):)

I use NYXLs in 10s but when you send them the box must have old Gibson labels on it.

You have to be careful in towns along the Indiana border. There are lots of undesirable things going on in Indiana, such as music gear “sales engineers” trying to entice young people to get into gear addiction by offering them free candy.

Not to mention the plethora of firecracker “dens” and camper van conversion chop shops.

Michigan is planning to put up a Hoosier infiltration wall along the Indiana border, made entirely of recycled orange road repair barrels.
Highly recommended. Nothing good has come out of this state since Blind Mellon.

Back