My Own 25th and 24th Anniversary Year!

László

Too Many Notes
Hey, I just realized that 2105 will be the 25th Anniversary of leaving my law practice to start the music production company that has given me a livelihood for all this time. And the 24th Anniversary of being a PRS Customer.

There's some symmetry in that.

I'm beginning to think that you have more laps around the sun than I do! :cheers:

I'm the oldest person in the world.

I have no chance of predicting something that I will do 65 years from now that will prove to be memorable should I survive another 90 years.

You only get a 25th Anniversary by being good at what you do. Congratulations.

I'm sure that no one will remember my ad music years from now, but it really is hard to believe that I've been able to make my living doing broadcast music for 25 years!!

Just goes to show that hard work is more important than actual talent. ;)

Last edited:
Hey, I just realized that 2105 will be the 25th Anniversary of leaving my law practice to start the music production company that has given me a livelihood for all this time. And the 24th Anniversary of being a PRS Customer.

There's some symmetry in that.

Did you come from the future(2105)to tell us that?

Congrats Les, that's a big deal! ...congrats on making your more rewarding venture successful and sustainable for such a long period of time. That's a huge accomplishment!

Did you come from the future(2105)to tell us that?

Shh. You've discovered my secret.

There are no typos, just freudian slips.

Congrats Les, that's a big deal! ...congrats on making your more rewarding venture successful and sustainable for such a long period of time. That's a huge accomplishment!

Thanks guys...it IS a long period of time, who'd have thunk it?

Heck, most bands can't sustain the journey for more than a few years. So I'm happy about being able to.

Last edited:
Les that is amazing. Im happy for you as well. I tried playing for a living a long long time ago and it taught me one thing. Eating cheetos with a fork makes it seem like a meal. Congrats!

So, what you're saying is, you're so old that you can now retire from your second career? Impressive. :cool:

In all seriousness, that's most impressive. Huge kudos, buddy. :congrats:

So, what you're saying is, you're so old that you can now retire from your second career? Impressive. :cool:

In all seriousness, that's most impressive. Huge kudos, buddy. :congrats:

Thanks!

And...retire? 25 years is just getting started!

That's the problem with switching careers to doing something you love - you never want to stop so you never retire.

Exactly! What would I retire from? It's something I'm still good enough at to compete in the business. At some point, I'll have to stop, just not yet.

I just realized that 40 years ago I decided to be an artist instead of a scientist, not because I had anything against science, I just wanted to see if I could. I knew I could solve problems, but thought I could also create things. 4 years later I decided that I didn't want to wake up in 20 years in another hotel in another small town, so I went back to the science thing.

I like inventing stuff just as much as I like creating in the artistic sense, but I enjoy the artistic side more when it isn't my job.

Back