My New Prs SE Custom 24

strat123

Up until now, I had been into mostly strats and teles. This past year I did have the opportunity to go the PRS 2013 Experience since I live close to the PRS Factory in Stevensville, Md. In fact, when Paul Reed Smith worked at Chuck Levin's I only lived 10 minutes away from the store. I would recommend the PRS Experience to anyone who is interested in PRS guitars and has the chance and can afford to travel there. It's a lot of fun. I came away wanting a custom 24 from that whole experience. A bass player friend of mine who knows a lot about guitars and guitar amplifiers suggested that I try one of the SE line of guitars as it might fit more into my budget. I followed through on his suggestion. I'm happy I did. I would say that my se custom 24 is at least equal if not better in quality than my Fender American Standard. To me that is saying a lot because I think in the last 3-4 years the $1000.00 and up Fender guitars are well made guitars and they should be at that price. I'm really pleased and impressed with my guitar and I know that generally speaking you cannot find another brand of electric guitar of that quality at that price. I have one (1) question: How good are the PRS SE Amplifiers? any comments and or suggestions to my remarks are greatly appreciated. Thank You.

congrats on the new SE!

I also bought an SE Cu24 as my first PRS. I am still blown away with how awesome a $400 guitar can sound. I actually found that the S2 version didn't offer anything to justify an extra $1000.

Back