My McCarty...

J.LaGrassa

Got to say my McCarty is such a great sounding guitar, I bought it back in 2000 so its been aging nicely. Its got such a fat tone to it and the highs are sweet no harshness at all, I tried a few different pickups but I prefer the stock McCarty pickups they seem just right. this is the first guitar I had that really needs no up grades and is perfect for any type of music.... Thanks PRS!

Here is a shot of my McCarty, the finish is Dark Cherry Burst!
prs-McCarty.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. I have been playing 2 Mccarty's for the past 5 years and just keep coming back to them. I tried a Super Strat and even though it sounded nice. I just could not bond with it.

I'm down to one McCarty...my 1999 McCarty with Brazilian rosewood neck. The McCarty models are stellar guitars. Honestly, I don't think they get enough respect. When they came out in 94, I remember everybody that complained about the infamous PRS "thin tone" saying the McCarty was finally a PRS that sounded like a Les Paul. And the McCarty morphed into 2 other incredible guitars, the Modern Eagle and the DGT. The McCarty isn't my favorite guitar, but I do love 'em!

P1060055.jpg

AXEMAN here Beautiful axe ,I also have a McCarty 10 top I will post a pic as soon as I can figure out how to .Im kind of new too this stuff any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sweet looking McCartys! Makin me miss mine that's at the PTC at the moment.

Brad, what color is yours?

My awsesome wife bought me a 2000 mccarty. Its a very nice guitar. I tried an HFS in the bridge and then I tried a gibson 500T as well. Hated the HFS and grew tired of the 500T so I put the stock pup back in. Should of just left it alone in the first place.

I too would love locking tuners from prs. I have aftermarket lockers on it now but I dont like them at all. Both times that I called prs about this they said it has a fixed bridge you dont need lockers. Really??????

Anyway, my mccarty sounds great, has wide fat neck, which I love and looks good too. I would love to post pics but I live in the dark ages and am clueless on how to do it.

Awesome McCarty's in this thread! I love my McCarty its my absolute favorite guitar. It's not a fancy one but I think it's HAWT!

DSC_4044 by jcv, on Flickr

McCarthy

I love my McCarthy I have a rosewood neck and a standard one aswell nice guitar for all types of music

Back