Core McCarty; Lollar or SD?

Neil Forsberg

Friends!

i have a 2023 McCarty. I love the guitar, but.... The pickups are kinda turndown. McCarty 2024 got new and warmer pickups.
Anyone changed pickups to Lollar low turns or SD Seth Lover?

Play with the pickup height. The 5815LT neck is fantastic.. the bridge is a little weak for my tastes and a swap to a 5708 or 5909 cures that right up. Also I've had better ruck running the LT bridge higher than I normally would

Lollar Low-Turns (and the Seth Lovers) might be too low-wound and/or maybe not different enough from the 58/15 LT pickups that you've likely got in there right now. On the plus side... PRS 57/08 pickups are available direct from PRS and they're amazing in a McCarty.

i have a 2023 McCarty. I love the guitar, but.... The pickups are kinda turndown. McCarty 2024 got new and warmer pickups.

What do you dislike about the stock pickups?
+1 on this. Also, more specifics about the what your setup is and what style you're after could help.

Personally, I've had great results from a Wolfetone Marshallhead A2 bridge / Dr V neck set in a McCarty'esque SE245 as well as an SD Pearly Gates bridge in a non-PRS superstrat for clean and classic rock styles.

I feel for ya. I put LTs in my McCarty a few months ago and finally threw in the towel on the bridge PU.

Love the neck but bridge just leaves me wanting something better.

I put in a 5708 TM and I'm happier which is odd since I have disliked the 5708 bridge PU in the past.

Happier means it's better than before but I'm not quite head over heels just yet. Could end up with a 5909 bridge before its all over.

I feel for ya. I put LTs in my McCarty a few months ago and finally threw in the towel on the bridge PU.

Love the neck but bridge just leaves me wanting something better.

I put in a 5708 TM and I'm happier which is odd since I have disliked the 5708 bridge PU in the past.

Happier means it's better than before but I'm not quite head over heels just yet. Could end up with a 5909 bridge before its all over.
Post 11 Is Your Friend. :)

Post 11 Is Your Friend. :)
I'm not sure the M would be my choice for my McCarty.

Since I had iron plugged in I pulled 5310s out of my 97 ce24 and put 8515 neck M bridge in.

I've got something jacked so I need to get back on it and figure it out.

Back