My latest EP is free til the end of the month! check it out.

littleredguitars2

hey everyone. i spent the better part of 2014/2015 working really hard on new music and i'm super happy with the way my instrumental rock album came out. its currently free for download until the end of the month through the link below. i'd love your feedback. sadly no PRS guitars were played on this album but you can bet my next ep will be filled with em! thanks. and a preemptive sorry if this wasnt the right place to post this. :)

https://jonpoulin.bandcamp.com/

Very nice work! It's difficult to create instrumental music that sounds good and captures the imagination of the listener.

I think you did some really nice playing and writing here. Good stuff.

Sounds good man! One thing I think you should consider though is that you might be rushing the tracks a little. For example, I think you cut the first track (and maybe others) off a little early. If you let the last note ring a little longer, or even just leave a bit of extra silence at the end, I think it would let what we just heard sink in a little and feel more like its own independent piece of music. I also noticed a couple of other places where I would have extended an existing pause a little more within a song.

Even with a fast song I think it feels better if it ends either very abruptly on I guess a staccato note or something else that feels like a clear ending (like the end of Valor), or if it's drawn out a bit more and given space like I said.

On a similar note, there were a couple of times when you started to slow down the tempo, but you picked it back up pretty quickly and personally I would have liked to hear that slower section go on a bit longer. Those are fairly minor issues though, just something to think about next time. Overall I enjoyed it! :)

hey everyone. i spent the better part of 2014/2015 working really hard on new music and i'm super happy with the way my instrumental rock album came out. its currently free for download until the end of the month through the link below. i'd love your feedback. sadly no PRS guitars were played on this album but you can bet my next ep will be filled with em! thanks. and a preemptive sorry if this wasnt the right place to post this. :)

https://jonpoulin.bandcamp.com/
Dude, just had a chance to listen to this. Really good. Liked it so much I ordered the CD. It'll go good tooling around in the truck with the windows down and the stereo cranked!

thanks to those who took some time to check it out! really appreciate it. and bodia thank you! i'll be shipping stuff out very shortly.

Downloaded - and waiting for my physical CD!

Please let me know if the added note gets through to you - I'll PM you if it doesn't.

Downloaded - and waiting for my physical CD!

Please let me know if the added note gets through to you - I'll PM you if it doesn't.

thanks! i did get it. definitely find some people to help get those ideas to where you need to. its worth it.

Man, that's a deep rhythm sound on "Valor"! Congrats, there's a lot of effort on this and it shows.

thanks a lot! most of my guitar tones on this song (and track 2) were made with an IOS app called Jamup believe it or not.

thanks to those who took some time to check it out! really appreciate it. and bodia thank you! i'll be shipping stuff out very shortly.
got the cd in the mail Saturday. I'll hang onto the note you included for when you hit the big time. That way I can say, "I "knew" this guy when he was just one of us." :cool:

i used mostly my es 335, and a couple others like my custom tele to record this album. all with bare knuckle pickups. didnt own any PRS at the time. used mostly my axe fx ultra for the tones and had my buddy stemage do the mix and master as well as some other stuff. he's the reason it sounded as good as it did. he's great.

You play and write very well - this is all very entertaining stuff! That's not easy to do with instrumental guitar music!
I definitely enjoyed it!

Tom

Back